Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finally Christmas :)

One of Ryan's favorite memories about Christmas is sleeping under the Christmas tree. Ryan really wanted to keep this a tradition. And so the night before we left for California Ryan and Connor snuggled up under the tree for the night. I would have joined them but sleeping on the floor at 28 weeks pregnant didn't sound like the best idea. I heard Connor walking up the stairs at 3:30am a little confused and disoriented. He had to go to the bathroom. Then for some reason he was scared and didn't want to go to his bed, so he came and joined me. Later, around 4:30am Ryan came looking for Connor and found him in our bed and so he went and slept in Connor's bed. Connor loved sleeping under the tree and talks about it quite often.

California:

Ashley, Dallin and Connor are painting the back drop for the Nativity (that we never ended up doing :( )




I wish this picture wasn't blurry but nonetheless it's still adorable! Look at all those cutie pies.





The girls in their Christmas jammies and as Allen would call them "mukluks." I love the Christmas jammie traditions!




This year Connor got a tent from Santa, and a bike from my parents. He loves to have us set his tent up, put blankies in it, pop popcorn and watch a movie.


Look at that big smile! It's probably especially big because of the M&M's Santa left in his stocking.


Peek-a-boo.


The first time Connor rode his bike he was pretty nervous. He had a hard time keeping his feet on the pedals and doing a circular motion. It was pretty frustrating for him. I have videos but I will post them in a separate bike post in a few days. His progress is amazing!

My sweet grandma Birdie was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer several months ago, which resulted in chemotherapy. She has had the most positive and uplifting attitude about it. The day before Christmas Eve she received the best Christmas present ever! Her cancer is in remission! She has 2 more really aggressive chemo treatments. And then she can focus on healing and getting her strength back.

Ryan left and Connor and I stayed in CA for and extra week.

Look at that cute little face, baby Ty is just too Cute!




We went and saw Tangled again. Connor loves that movie :)



We also went bowling. Allen and Ashley got a really funny video of Connor being the human bowling ball after he tried to take off down the lane to retrieve his slow moving ball. My dad emailed me the video but I don't see a place to download the clip. Click here to watch the clip on my little sister's blog it's the first video.

Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Justin and Stacey said...

Cute post Steph! Connor's tent is super cute! I wish we lived closer. Jack would be in heaven if he could play with Connor all day long. Your pregnant belly is cute as ever! You look great! Miss you guys!

kimberlee shaffer said...

yeah about time!! (= Connor is such a sweetie and I love that they slept under the tree. One of my favorite traditions too. I am so happy to hear about your Grandma Birdie!