Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Picture overload

For the 4th of July we headed up north to Utah. It was my old roommate Mary's birthday and her husband organized a surprise party and several of my other roommates were going to be there :). The blonde in the middle is Amy, she was my roommate at BYU in Provo. She and I moved up to BYU-I Rexburg together and roomed with these other lovely ladies Emily, Mary and Chelsey at Colonial. We wished Courtney could have been there too :(. It was fun to catch up and laugh at old stories. Man I miss these girls.



Saturday afternoon we headed to Ryan's sisters house and hung out for awhile and played. It was fun to see everyone, the kids are so good and so sweet to Connor!

Ryan had the idea to go to 7 peaks water park in Provo. He check online and if we went after 4 pm it was half price! So we thought it actually might be a perfect time to go because everyone would be heading out to do BBQ's, fireworks, and the Stadium of Fire! And guess what; it was so perfect! There were no lines and no one there!

Connor and Ryan rode the rides over-and-over-and-over again! We ate dinner and, then rode the rides over again!!!


Connor LOVES anything that has to do with water! Which is a good thing because Ryan and I are half fish too (bet you didn't know that!).


(Look close, No lines on the rides!!!!)


(and again, no one there!)

Sunday was the 4th of July and since everyone was out of town we weren't able to get a substitute so we got up early and drove home. Which worked out just perfect because then we were able to go see a fabulous firework show in LV. The 2nd main reason we went to UT was to pick up a bike that my little sister had left tin Provo when she moved. I have now inherited a fabulous new old bike :) (it was my moms a long time ago). We rode our bikes to the fireworks, and have since gone on many bike rides!

While riding up to the fireworks we came across the Thorton's and parked it on the grass with them for the show! The Walkers and the Shakespears joined up as well! (these pictures ended up really blurry because my camera battery died, and we took Ryan's work camera which had been dropped with the lens open and broke a few days before).



Happy 4th.

5 comments:

Neal said...

Looks like you guys had a fun, busy and productive weekend too. I totally didn't know you guys were half fish...I woulda guessed more like 3/4 or 5/8 myself ;)

kimberlee shaffer said...

wow you guys are having such a fun summer!! The 7 peaks thing worked out perfect. Connor looks SO happy at the water park!

Courtney said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there as well. You all look so cute, I miss you all

Justin and Stacey said...

What a fun trip!! I LOVE seeing old roommates! Jealous you got to see Adam and Steph. And how awesome to go to a water park with no one else there! Now that is the way to do it. Connor is so cute in all the photos. :)

Wilson said...

It was soo much fun to all get together for Mary's birthday. Kade loved seven peaks too but we had to wait in long lines for everything. Maybe we will try the night of the 4th next year. Connor is getting so big and is so handsome.