As you look at this post it may seem all too familiar to you. Why, you ask? Because we took this same trip to Idaho Falls last summer (see July 2009) and did the exact same things then. However, some things just NEVER get old, like; boating, fire pit, Gringos, and Bob & Denise and Grandma & Grandpa Diamond (well, they do get older but hanging out with them never gets old; they are just too much fun!).

Yummy Gringos, I don't know why but I just love that place! Also, while we were in Rexburg we stopped at BYU-I and walked around a bit. There is so much construction going on at the campus! The book store is so big and so nice now. We also stopped in Stone Brook to see how things are going! The new manager is so nice and so great. He showed us the new buildings they'd built and some of the units. Remember the little 1 bedroom apartments that were $450/month? They now charge $555-$595! I couldn't hardly believe it! There would have been no way we could have afforded that!
Friday evening we headed to the lake for a sleepover! On Black Tail they have added a new dock. Half of it has a cover around it. Connor named it the "Lake house". It shaded us from the sun and shielded the tent from the breeze at night! It was just perfect.


I was super nervous to sleep over at the lake because I thought some how Connor was going to climb out of the tent at night and fall in the water. So Bob and Denise were nice enough to let us sleep in the cabin of the boat, that way we could close the door and keep him in the room with us. It eased my nerves a bit. But as I was laying down to go to sleep I started thinking about the boat sinking and Connor climbing out. I think I fell asleep about 4am. But the fun that we had made the lack of sleep totally worth it!

Denise brought up popcorn and we turned on the Bee Movie for Connor while we sat around and played cards. Before bed we of course had to keep with tradition and let off a few fireworks into the water.

Warming Connor up with a hot shower after swimming in the cool water!

Hanging out in his big boy undies grandma bought him :)

Say Cheese!

Pretty hip Grandma!



Connor and Ryan knee boarded together! It was so totally cute. Connor loved every second of it and even would yell "go faster papa!" Connor really wanted to try out the wake board with Ryan this summer, but we decided he might still be a little too small...for sure next summer!




Since the knee board was out Ryan decided to have a little 80's revival with the knee board and ever pulled out a couple 360's. I was dying laughing! I don't know that I have ever seen anyone knee board :)




Of course Connor insisted on a motorcycle ride! He loved it as usual and said "hang on grandma, this is your 1st time!"

We had a blast, thanks so much!
5 comments:
Sounds like such a great trip! Wow look at Denise go! Connor is so brave. That is so cute that he and Ryan knee boarded together.
What a fun post. I saw the plane coming in to IF last night and thought I can't believe it has been a week since you guys came. Time sure flies. We sure did have a great time. Glad you got a photo of me on the ski. I think some people don't believe that I ski let alone slalom!!! Thanks for posting that. Did you get the photo of Connor sitting while feeding the ducks and he is turning his face over his right shoulder. I got one, but the angle is wrong, so you can't see his face. If you have one and can see his face I want a copy of it sometime if you get time. The last photo is lovely of me. I think I was saying "cheese" as you snapped it. Oh, well. We sure had fun and can't wait to start planning another one. We will have to check the flights in August. The boating photos are the favorite. Glad he loves the water as much as you guys do.Is Connor still staying dry? We are so proud of him! Love you guys...mom
Looks so fun, and so refreshing and so not 130 degrees!! (=
WOW...I'm jealous! Looks like a great little trip. I think i'm most jealous that it was half as hot there:( Anyways...glad ya had a blast!
Oh man...jealous! We want to go boating so bad. How fun! I love all the pictures. And your swimsuit is so cute Steph!! Hopefully someday we will all be there boating together. :)
Post a Comment