Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lake Tahoe

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of Lake Tahoe. We'd spend multiple vacations a year there. We'd camp or get a cabin on the water, I loved both equally. We'd ride bikes everywhere; to the yummy sandwich deli, the Beacon to get potato skins, and the fish place (I don't know the name of it). We'd spend hours in the sun and water, and we loved every minute of it! This year my parents rented a vacation home and we all came out for the trip (except for Stacey she was in Africa on a medical school trip!!!).



After Tahoe was over Connor and I went to Granite Bay and Ryan went home. We didn't even have flight plans to get back to Las Vegas! We had lots of fun at my parents house, Connor loved their toys... namely the doll house, and he'd play with it for hours. We shopped, ate lots, had a birthday party for Dallin & Alyssa and Josh. Ryan took the camera home with him, so there are no pictures of the week in Granite Bay. I know my sisters have a few so eventually I will see if I can get some from them.




We started our trip out with a big nail in our tire. Luckily, we had stopped for gas and that's when Ryan had noticed it. We were in this little podunk town but there was one little tire shop. It was cash only and no receipt.




Besides the beach this is where the kids spent most of their time. They'd eat, play games, ride bikes, and sit in little chairs out here on the patio! It was perfect.

Grandpa and the kiddos. They loved to have grandpa take them out into the water. He'd take the way far out into the lake.


There aren't many snap shots of baby Ty, he was always buried and shielded from the wind and sun. But if you look close I think you can see a little handsie.

It takes 3 guys to get 1 guy up on the wind surf board. According to Ryan...It's a lot harder than it looks! Nonetheless, they spent hours out there. By the end of the day Josh had it pretty perfected.

Little buddies :)

We rode bikes everywhere and the kids loved it! Kaylee even kept right up with everyone!



The brother-in-laws. Pretty good lookin' bunch a guys :) My sister Amy and guys headed out Para sailing one morning.

Allen and Ryan went tandem.

These little kiddos had fun together and they were all so good! It's so fun to get them all together and it's even more fun that the gap in their ages is start to close!


Did I mention I LOVE Lake Tahoe?

5 comments:

Sara Bingham said...

I agree! I love Tahoe.The weather is always perfect. We live only 26 min from it & it's made our summer so much fun!

Neal said...

I've never been to Lake Tahoe:( We always just go to the lakes in southern utah and stuff. I am REALLY jealous of the para sailing!! I have always wanted to go:(

Rachel said...

So jealous! I love Tahoe. So many summers up there as a kid. We're headed home in September for a week and I think we're gonna have to take the drive up there.

idaho grandma said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I didn't realize Stacey didn't get to go with you. I am sure the kids love getting together. Ryan didn't mention about the parasailing! I am not surprised he did it...he is such a daredevil!!!! Glad you got home safe and see you guys in 3 weeks. Love you....

Justin and Stacey said...

Your trip looks like SO much fun! We went para sailing in Mexico and loved it! It looks like you had good weather too. SO fun!