Thursday, December 16, 2010

Parties.

December has been flying by! It makes me sad that Christmas is next week already. We love driving around to look at Christmas lights, watching Christmas show, talking about Santa and baby Jesus. Connor told me that if a house doesn't have a chimney then Santa will "probably just come through the garage door." This little kiddo amazes me with all the knowledge he retains and remembers. Last night I was scrolling through last December's blog posts and read through them. I had forgotten that last year Connor called Christmas lights "Happy Merry Christmas Lights!" I am grateful that we have been keeping a blog and it's been so fun to keep a little family history of the funny day to day things that happen; even if a lot of our days seem like a groundhogs day.

On Wednesday we had our Young Women's party. The girls were so cute and creative and came up with some good crazy christmas outfits! We had a cookie exchange, white elephant gift exchange and played some fun games.

We have such a neat group of girls with such strong testimonies of the gospel and the Savior. I sometimes feel intimidated, and wish I had such a strong sense of who I was when I was their age!

Cute crazy christmas outfits!
Today Connor had his joy school Christmas party! Kaydee did such a good job at planning it and the kids loved it. It's been so nice for Connor to get out once a week and play with his friends. He loves to tell me all about what he learned. He is growing up so fast! I can't believe that in January he willl be a little sunbeam in primary (it secretly makes me really sad, he really is no longer a baby...even though sometimes he acts like one ;-))

Singing Jingle bells!

No comments: