We blessed Benson Cole Heaton Sunday, August 5th. I had a lot of anxiety about how the weekend was going to go because of how much Benson cries. He ended up doing really well though! Friday afternoon Ryan picked Justin up from the airport! We were so excited we could see him one last time before he took his little family off to Japan. I wish we could have snuck up to UT to Stacey and the boys before they left too. Then Ryan's parents, and sister + 3 kiddo's made it. We just hung out and talked and went to dinner Friday evening. My parents arrive later that night with lots of little goodies (ie, lamps, dining room table, sewing table, boxes from my old room, all sorts of little treats). Since Justin is in the Air force he was able to get some hotel rooms on base. So Saturday afternoon we swam on base at the Rec Center pool. It worked out just perfect Connor and Sadie loved it! There was a fun little water slide for the big kids too. Benson was a trooper and slept most of the time. Afterwards we grabbed a bite to eat and headed back to the house. Jaxson had some football stuff so he and Adam made it down Saturday evening. We did the blessing dinner Saturday evening. Sunday we blessed Benson and came home and quickly ate taco salad and everyone headed home :(. Sunday was especially sad for the Heaton Clan, it was the last time for 3 years Bob & Denise and their 3 babies (not so small anymore) would all be under the same roof at the same time. Goodbye's were sad.
I was really nervous Benson would cry through his whole blessing, and he did. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The microphone was close enough to Ryan so we could hear him really well. Ryan said he felt pretty rushed. But I though he did great!!! He sounded as cool as a cucumber (that saying is silly). He blessed Benson in all aspects of his life from education, to mission, health and family. Benson has been such a challenge but someone told me; sometimes if it's not hard, it's not worth it. We love our little man and to see him grow and see his little smiles makes every second worth it. And these short few months are nothing in comparison to eternity, right? We will endure and try to enjoy every moment.
We are so grateful for our families who could make it to bless Benson we loved it, and we appreciated it so much!
This is the last picture of the Heaton family all together probably for the next 3 years :(
I have a picture of all my little kiddos in their blessing outfit propped up in the corner of the couch. Benson wouldn't have anything to do with it. But at least we tried.
We're grateful we got to bless little Benny Whenny because he is blessing us in so many ways.



2 comments:
He looks so sweet in his little white outfit. I love all the pictures you took. We were sad to miss it! I'm glad Justin represented for us though. Hopefully it won't be the full three years before we visit. I'm crossing my fingers. :) I need to see that little Benson in real life!
We sure do love that little man. It was a great day and so fun to be able to have almost our whole family to celebrate Benson's special day. We missed Stacey and the boys, but so glad the rest of the family could be there. It was so nice to visit with your parents too. We think the world of them and we were so glad we got to catch up with them. Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment