Wednesday, October 24, 2012

To Connor

Dear Connor,

Thank you for choosing our family, and for being willing to give us a try at being parents. As first time parents you are our little guinea pig. But as luck would have it we haven't had to hardly do any parenting! You are naturally sweet, polite and very obedient, it's how you came, it's how you are wired. We get comments all the time from your primary teachers about how much they love you, or how you will be a future prophet. It makes us smile, but we can't really take credit for it.

Shortly after Benson arrived, one afternoon I was especially tired. I put Sadie down for a nap, and then Benson. I came downstairs to see you sitting on the couch, with a snack, and you had turned on a movie for yourself. Without me even saying a word, you told me; it's okay mom, I am okay down here, you need to go take a nap, I will be juuuust fine, don't worry about me :). And you know what? I did go and take a nap, because I knew you would be just fine, because you are such a smart good boy. I haven't met many 5 year olds like you! You are special.

Boy, you love to talk, you are very curious about how things work. You realize there is a process to most things. Like for a tree to grow you must have sunlight, and water. You are always saying "if...then..." statements. You are funny, you say the funniest things, you must have gotten your wit from dad.

You can know most of your multiples from 1 to 10. You can subtract when it's related to objects. You know all the letters and their sounds. You've started sounding out words. I love watching you write your letters. Your homework is the highlight of your day. You love to learn. I hope you stay like this, if you do, your world will be your oyster.

You are very meticulous, you got it from your dad. It's not a bad thing. You are a little pack rat, you love your treasures and love to keep EVERYTHING. You have a little collection of stuff you've picked up at the park on our front porch; branches, rocks, pine cones, leaves. It makes us laugh.

You are a great big brother. You are very conscientious about your brother and your sister! You especially love Benson and are the best at making him smile and laugh. Your least favorite thing to do is share your toys with Sadie. But that's okay. 

Right now your favorite things to do are play Wii Party with mom and dad, you are good and beat us most of the time. You like to play games, like Mater Operation, UNO, Connect Four, basically you are aren't self entertained. You like playing with someone and if you have to play alone, you tell us no that's boring. 

You have a special spirit, we love you so much buddy. Thanks for making us smile all the time.

Happy 5th Birthday

Love, mommy and daddy

Stats:
Height: 43.5 Inches - 50%
Weight 42 lbs - 50%

(You've always stayed pretty steady at 50% for height and weight since you were born)

4 comments:

idaho grandma said...

What sweet thoughts about our Connor! Everything we read we can say Amen to. He is everything that you say he is. We love him with all our hearts!!! Happy Birthday Mister 5 year old!!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Love you!!! G & G Heaton

Justin and Stacey said...

We hope you have the best birthday Connor!! We miss you! Jack and Anderson talk about you on a regular basis and can't wait until we get to see you again. Thanks for being a great cousin.

Neal said...

5 years old already? Geeze how time flys by! I remember coming to the hospital after he was born and being in the circle for his blessing and it seems like just a few months ago. Happy birthday big guy:)

Kaydee said...

Oh my cute Connor we are so sad we were not there to celebrate with you. They other day rex had one of his transformer and he was pretending he was playing with you. I am sad because we have not found a boy as wonderful and as much of a sole mate for Rex.

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy! We love and miss you