For weeks I pretended to feel bad that I was leaving Ryan with the kids for 3 days while I played in Tahoe. But lets be honest I was so excited, and felt a little guilty I was so excited. At the airport I sat by a mom with a baby and it took everything in me to not scoop her baby up to snuggle (don't worry I didn't pick up the baby, nor asked to). Once a mommy always a mommy. I haven't flown solo in years! I had big plans for the flight; sleep, read a celeb gossip magazine, and listen to a pod cast (all in a 1 hour flight). I looked slightly like I had ADD because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do the most.
We started off in Reno. On Friday morning we did temple work for my Grandma Birdie and my aunt Caron. After that we sealed my Grandma to Grandpa Al, as well as my dad to his sister and his parents. The sweet temple workers kept saying that, that was the neatest Father's Day gift :). Afterwards we got dinner, picked up a Nothing Bunt Cake, bought some hats and sunglasses and headed into Tahoe.
Awwww, Tahoe.
I mean seriously, Tahoe is divine! I will just list the things we did. Relaxed on the deck. Cruised the lake in the boat. Tennis. Bike ride. Ate at a local restaurant. Laid on the beach. Took a walk along the lake. Shopped. Tanned. Watched a movie. Talked and laughed way too much!
It was the best weekend! Thanks to my parents who flew us girls out! I enjoyed every minute of it. And a HUGE thank you to my sweetie for holding down the fort, he's a pretty amazing dad!
I can't wait to take Ryan and the kids in 2 weeks for the 4th of July! It will be so fun!
Saturday, June 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















4 comments:
What an awesome experience! It sounds like you had so much fun. I miss Tahoe SO much!
What a wonderful, special day for your family. That is awesome!! Glad you got to get away...you deserved it. Way to be the best dad, Ryan.
Steph, that is such a fun weekend! What a special event to be able to do all that temple work. I get a little teary eyed just thinking about it. Your parents must have been so excited to have you all there to participate. I love it. And Tahoe looks amazing!! I've never been there, but it looks like I need to! I'm so glad you had so much fun.
How fun! I love the picture of you on the boat with your hat! You and your sisters are too cute!
Post a Comment