Sunday, July 21, 2013

Granite Bay

After being in Tahoe for 5 days the kids and I headed down to Granite Bay for the week. Connor had so much fun with Dallin, Alyssa and Kaylee. We scarcely saw them :). They played wii, card games, Legos, built forts and probably a lot of other things but I never ventured upstairs to see what else the had going on. Connor was in cousin heaven!

Amy got a really fun (and probably a little dangerous ;) water slide. The kids played for hours on it. Luckily no injuries there :). Sadie didn't like getting sprayed by the water so she spent most of her time in the pool instead. Kaylee is such a good little babysitter!!!!











One afternoon I took the kids to the Folsom Zoo. Afterwards we got snow cones and played at the park.









Friday afternoon I took the kids to see the Sacramento temple. It was a perfect day for a perfect picture!





After the temple the kids and I got some lunch and took it to the park. They of course were less interested in eating and more in playing. I put Sadie and Benson in the swings and Connor went and played on the monkey bars. He has done them a million times. But these were a little different; they were the wiggly triangle kind. He asked me to help him a couple times but I told him he knows how to do them. I had a feeling I should go help him. So I got the kids out of the swing and walked over to help him. He looked like he was getting the hang of it so I stood right next to him and watched. He reached for the next triangle and his hand missed it and his other hand slipped off the 1st triangle and fell. He fell too fast, I couldn't even help him. But I saw how he fell and knew immediately his wrist was broken :(. I packed the kids back up and took them back to Amy's house for her to watch the little ones and took Connor to the ER. But first we stopped off at a friends house who is an ER doctor, he confirmed it was broken. The emergency room took X rays and splinted it and said to follow up with an orthopedic within 7 days. He was so brave he only cried for 10 minutes and then he was calm and fine the rest of the time.




Connor picked right up where he left off when we got back home from the ER. I even caught him jumping on the tramp, ggrrrrr!!!!!




The kids were pooped by the end of the week!

We played another couple days in Granite Bay and then headed back up to Lake Tahoe to play for a few more days.

A HUGE thanks to Amy and Josh for letting us stay with them and bringing 4 bodies of chaos to their house (my parents house, I dont really know whose house to call it) for the week.


No comments: