Sunday, July 21, 2013

Last couple days in Lake Tahoe.

My parents drove down to Granite Bay and helped me get back up to Lake Tahoe for our last couple days before we flew home. Connor's broken arm put a little damper on the Tahoe fun. He couldn't swim in the pool or lake, play in the sand, or tube.

But he still manage to have fun fishing for crawdads, riding in the boat and standing in the lake.

Passed out on the drive back to Lake Tahoe.



Catching crawdads.


My dad leaves his boat anchored in the lake all summer just off from the dock. There is a dingy and driver that takes you to your boat. The guy (don't even know what to call him) let Connor drive the dingy over to grandpa's boat. It was scary, he let Connor have more control than I was comfortable with (I think my dad was feeling a little nervous too).


I was sitting on the beach and looked over at my hand a crawdad was climbing on to my hand. My dad and Connor came and caught it.

Don't worry, no one ate him.
Very last picture of Tahoe before we headed home.


The flight home was a bit comical, actually it wasn't comical at the time. So because we were doing a huge variety of things while in Tahoe we had so much stuff, life jackets, beach towels, car seats, pack 'n' plays, etc.... The list goes on and on. Since ryan left earlier in the week with the car I made sure to take extra luggage so I could get it all back home on the airplane. We got to the Reno airport just over an hour early. Plenty of time for a small airport! They gave my mom permission to go up to the gate to help me, thank goodness.  But security took forever to get through. Not because there were lines but because we had so much stuff to check in and they tested all the bottles, and sippy cups. My mom mentioned the flight was leaving soon so we rushed over to the gate and they were boarding the last people of group C! I felt a little frazzled because I needed 3 seats together and I knew the flight was 100% full. The guy at the gate gave me lip because I didn't get a stroller tag ahead of time, and then let me through. I was carrying Sadie because she was clinging to me scared and crying. I had to set Benson down on the floor to fold up the stroller and he took off crawling back up the ramp. Everyone around me was laughing about how I had a run away (it was kind of making me mad that no one offered to help)! Then I stood up with tears in my eyes, and a little old lady was the only one who came up to help me. Anyways looking back, it really wasn't a big deal, but at the time I felt a little overwhelmed with a 1yr old, a 2 yr old, and a 5yr old with a broken arm. People probably thought that this lady (me) needs to stop having kids and that I wasn't fit to be a mom ;).


5 Suitcases, 1 pack 'n' play, 1 carseat, a stroller, 2 carryons, 3 kids and 1 tired momma. Even my mom could help but stand back and take a picture at my chaos.



Sometimes on vacations I feel like my kids behave less than stellar so for me it's never a vacation. Sadie was pretty defiant and Benson was super whinny, and Connor was off the wall at times. I was exhausted by the time the trip was over. I had multiple meltdowns. But sitting here blogging about it and seeing all the fun pictures makes me want to go back tomorrow. I've almost forgotten about my challenging children (almost!). Each year will get a little easier.

3 comments:

idaho grandma said...

You are an amazing mommy!!! It made me cry just listening to you. I don't know if I would do what you do. You just go with the flow!!! So glad you got to stay and play with your family. Before you know it, they will be gone with families of their own and you will wonder where the time went. Believe me, I know!!! Love you!!!!

Denisse said...

you made me cry too! you are brave. I'm glad you survived the airport and flying with 3 kids. I always sweat bullets in those kinds of instances. Looks like you had a great time and it was worth the craziness of getting there.

Justin and Stacey said...

I swear every time I fly with the kids, NO ONE helps! They just look at you like you're crazy and pray they don't have to sit by you in the plane. I'm glad you made it through though! Oh, and that picture of the Sacramento temple is beautiful! What a cool thing to take your kids to.