Monday, January 20, 2014

Thanksgiving

For the 1st time in 10 years we decided that maybe it's time to start building some Holiday tradtions at home. And to be brutally honest, I just couldn't stand the thought of riding 10 hours in the car with the kids. So we stayed home for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. Luckily we didn't spend the holiday's alone! We have to ease ourselves into that ;). My parents and Stacey came for Thanksgiving...but what felt like Christmas because the house was in full swing Christmas. Iced Pine Scentsy, Pandora christmas channel, every Hallmark and ABC Family Christmas movie saved on the DVR, you know, the normal stuff. Thanksgiving was late this year! And I need a full 4 weeks of Christmas decorations or I feel just plain jipped. When my parents come they always bring glad tidings; this time they brought the cutest headboard my dad made for Sadie's big girl bed. It almost makes me want to transition her from her crib to a bed just for the headboard alone...almost. I went to Whole Foods and picked up a turkey...actually I think it was a Hen. Either way I felt like a big girl, and pretended like I knew what I was doing. My mom did all the other shopping. She also, made our entire Thanksgiving dinner, bless her heart! And Ryan did the turkey, with instruction from my dad. Ryan did pretty darn good - He's growing up too! I think all I had to do was the dishes. 

While they were here we (Dad and Stacey) did some Black Friday shopping at the outlets which may have resulted in a lot of horn honking and yelling out the window. But that's to be expected when it takes 45 mins just to get through the 2 lights on the off ramp at Charleston Blvd. But Stacey got some pretty good Kate Spade deals. My mom and me headed off to the fabric store to get some fabric for the quilt my mom is going to make for Sadie's big girl bed (now it's in writing mom). Visitors always come and go too quickly. But we always have a fun time, and some good laughs. We are thankful for our families and that we got to spend time with them. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hopscotch with grandpa.


Before.
After.


Reading.
Grandpa was still hungry ;).
Stacey had been sooooo busy with her fellowship, and medical school interviews. I don't think she had been in one city for more than 2 or 3 days in the month of November and part of December.
This is the pattern of the quilt my mom is going to do for Sadie's bed. (Different fabric though)
Playing cars.

1 comment:

idaho grandma said...

We are so glad that you were able to have family for Thanksgiving. Family is the best. Ryan did awesome on the Turkey. I think that needs to be his permanent job from now on!!! I love the quilt pattern and can't wait to see the finished quilt. Is she quilting it too?