of the school year. The end of the school year was non stop award ceremonies, parties, presentations, field days etc. and I only have a 1st grader and a 1st year preschooler. What's it going to be like when I have all 3 in school.
Sadie's preschool teacher got breast cancer in February wasn't able to finish the year. So a few of us moms pulled together and created a little joy school to finish out the year. I was hesitant about it since I didn't enjoy doing it when Connor was little. But I ended up loving it!! We scaled down the structure and the TIME and made the class 1hour 50mins. It was perfect. It also helped that all these little cutie pies have a special place it my heart. I have been friends with all these mommies for years and we all were pregnant together and had our babies around the same time. So I feel like we all have a special bond. I just love these little rascals!!


Sadie's cute little card said she wants to be a princess when she grows up. She's a hopeless romantic just like her daddy :).

End of the year fire station trip.
I feel like she grew like a weed in 9 months. She went from having her little chubby baby cheeks to looking like a big girl. She is full of sassy and is super cheeky. I was also surprised by how much she learned in the short time she was with Miss Patty. She learned all her letters, sounds and memorized the pledge of allegiance. She is also a great little artist.
Connor successfully finished 1st grade. He did pretty great. He had the best report cards :). I feel like he grew leaps and bounds this year. He's getting a little more confident in himself and everyone in his class loves him.


The Lady Bug ball- the end of the year musical performance.

Field Day.



Connor was awarded with Student of the quarter along with his friend Connor V. He also got the accelerated reader award. He told me when he left for school that morning that he was sure he was going to get that award. I crossed my fingers because he sure had his heart set on it. To my surprised (but not surprised) he got the award. He has pretty good instincts!

Last day of school with the most special teacher in the school. She gave all her students different awards and Connor's was the 'Sweetie Pie' award. This was Connor's 3rd year with Julene, and they have a special bond. Mrs. Ballard made the transition to all day school so easy for me. It was so comforting to me to know she was in charge of him. If I couldn't be the one who has him all day I would want it to be her. Cheers to surviving a year of school and no peanut incidences.




No comments:
Post a Comment