Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween and so much more.....

Connor and I flew out to California to spend a week with my family, and Ryan joined us on Halloween to spend the rest of the weekend with us, we had so much fun. Connor loved spending time with his cousins Kaylee, Alyssa and Dallin! Here is a recap of the stuff we did in order:

Pre-K Party:

I spent a day with my niece Kaylee in her Pre-K class, which happened to be the day of her Halloween Party. It was so much fun. I wore Ryan's Where's Waldo costume. I had one little girl ask me why I didn't dress up. At that very moment I realized I probably just looked like a weirdo to all the 4 and 5 year olds because none of them even knew who Waldo was.
_____________________________________________________________

Folsom Zoo:
We went to the Folsom Zoo. The highlight was the Choo Choo ride. The kids loved it, and the Conductor was such a nice guy!


Connor is giving us his big bear growl! GGGRRR!

___________________________________________________________
No story about this shot, I just thought it was cute, and Connor looks like such a big boy.

_________________________________________________________
Trains:
Ryan flew out to mert up with us on Halloween. After we picked him up at the airport we went to Old Sacramento. We stopped at the Sacramento train museum; is anyone picking up on Connor's train obsession?

They had so many neat trains there and we were able to go inside so many of them. They had them set up just as they'd been back in the old days.

We also took a 40 minute train ride along the Sacramento River. We choose the open air cabin, so that we could get better views of the scenery and because the weather was just beautiful.

Here is one of the pictures I got along the ride. This is the state capitol building.

_________________________________________________________________
Halloween:





Halloween finally arrived. The kids had such a blast, and were such good sports about all the walking. Connor kept up with all of them, and even out lasted one of them!________________________________________________________________

Bikeride:
We have been wanting to get a bike trailer for Connor for quite some time. We were going to get one for his birthday until he decided he needed a train table instead. While we were in California we borrowed my sister's and her husband's bike trailer. Connor loved it. We rode all the way to the Folsom Fish Hatchery, which was no short trek. Connor and Kaylee sat in the back as happy as could be!

______________________________________________________________

Grandma Birdie's House:

We also went and gave grandma Birdie a visit, she is my dad's mom. Connor just loved visiting her house, and watching the horses in the pastures and the wild turkeys.

3 comments:

We Are Three said...

I was kind of hoping for a picture of you in the Where's Waldo costume. Dreams crushed.

The Heaton's said...

I told Steph the same thing after reading the post for the first time. I'll try and convince her to post one. :)
- Ryan

idaho grandma said...

too much fun and too many activities!!! Love the costumes for you all and especially Cruella with Connor. I think trunk-or-treat is the way to go. Love it. Glad you got to visit with grandma Birdie too.