Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentine's Craft.

My friend Kim and her friend Amber made adorable little topiary trees for Valentines Day! They couldn't have been any more cute! Kim and Amber told me how to make them. So I asked my friend Laurie if she wanted to come over and make these with me! We ended up making them for just about $10!!

They turned out so cute!!!

Easy Peesie, Cheap & Easy:

I bought everything at walmart.

12 sheets of felt from walmart $.25/per sheet ($3). tin ($1.50), wooden dowel (already had), styrofoam ball ($3.97-this seemed a little pricey), 1 pack of straight pins($1.67), ribbon (already had), floral foam to hold topiary in the pot ($1.47 for a pack of three), and moss ($1.69). a friend and i split the cost of the floral foam for the pot, the moss, and the push pins because there was plenty in one package for us to share.

instead of putting up a tutorial of how i made these i googled "valentines felt topiary trees" and came up with a couple blogs that do have tutorials. I don't know these people but here are their directions:

http://theboatwrightfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/felt-wreath-topiary-for-valentines-day.html

http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/2010/01/valentines-topiary.html

all of us have kind of tweaked our topiaries a bit. I used a larger styrofoam ball than "theidearoom" blog. i guess it all depends on the size you want your tree. mine stands a little over a foot. after valentine's day my friend kim is going to put her topiary in her daughter's room because it matches the decor (she did all pink felt on her topiary). i have been thinking i might make a blue or green one and put it connor's room.

5 comments:

Al and Ash said...

Those are way cute steph! You should pass around the tutorial :)

Justin and Stacey said...

Yes...I agree. They are super cute! I need to know how to do it. :)

idaho grandma said...

Very cute. I think they turned out darling. I love theidearoom blog. She has such cute ideas. Way to go!!!

The Ewers said...

Hey Stephanie- It's Bekka's sister-in-law Summer. Adorable idea! Thank you for sharing the 'how to' directions.

P.S.- Your son is TOO CUTE!!!

Rachel said...

These are adorable! I love getting new crafty ideas like these. I am definately going to have to make one for us. Thanks!