Friday, January 29, 2010

Back to California

Last weekend we received news that my grandma had passed away, so on Friday we hopped on a plane to California for a couple days. Amazingly enough, all of the grand kids were able to make it out to California to celebrate her life. My grandma has left a great legacy; 6 children, 18 grandchildren, and 14.5 great grandchildren. Although the circumstances were less than ideal, we had a great time getting together and seeing everyone again. It was fun to reminisce about old family vacations, and catch up on every one's life. I am not sure whose idea it was but somebody busted out the old home videos. One being mine and my cousins "music video" to Vanilla Ice. Maybe someday I will upload it to the blog, if you guys are lucky (for now picture; tights, miniskirts, killer dance moves including the running man, and a whole lot of out of control hair)!


Here is a picture of my mom, me and my spunky little grandma. This picture was taken several years ago.



Most of the Andrew family (with the exception of a few spouses, and a few great grandchildren).
ALL 18 grand kids!


grand kids, with some of the great grand kids.

Me and my 3 sisters.


watching some home videos.

5 comments:

idaho grandma said...

Sorry about grandma...I know she will be missed by your family. She was such a nice person. I really enjoyed visiting with her. I am sure it is bittersweet to have all the family together...just wish it was under better circumstances. Glad you got home safely and all went as well as could. Love you guys. We will keep your family in our prayers. Mom

Jeri Call said...

Oh Steph, I am sorry to hear your news. The picture of her at your graduation is just as I remembered her. I hope your family is doing well!

Justin said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm sure it was nice to see all of your family though. Hope everyone is doing well.
~Stacey

Nic and Bekka said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandma. You always spoke so highly of her and it sounds like she led a beautiful life. Miss you Steph!

Katy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I am glad you had a nice trip though.