Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"I don't want to see my owie"

Connor is a very cautious kiddo (which i am super grateful for). He hardly ever gets hurt because he doesn't do wild things like jump off tables, climb on counters, or sorts. That being said:

Connor HATES 'owies.' He hardly ever gets them so when he does get one, oh boy... Maybe hate is not a strong enough word for how he feels about 'owies'. He can't stand to see his 'owies', he starts to shake and cry. He wants nothing to do with band aids. Every time he gets a shot he gets a band aid, so his mind deemed those two things synonymous. So our challenge is to keep his owies covered up, which isn't too hard of a challenge unless it's bath time or the 'owie' happens to be on his hand. However, he has become very inventive in an attempt at not having to see his barely damaged little skin; see examples below:

Explanation: A few weeks ago Connor got some new shoes. We played ward kick ball and from all the running Connor did he ended up with a blister on the side of his foot. It actually was a pretty bad one; you know, the kind where the skin has rubbed off and it stings really bad? Anyways, he was adamant about not wanting to see it! So here he is a week later still bathing in his Mickey Mouse sockies.

The hand: Connor got a scrape on his finger. I tried a band aid which only made him cry more. All he could say amongst his sobs were "I don't want to see my owie, cover it!!!!" So we came up with the glove solution and his tears stopped flowing. It was actually quite funny to watch him try to do normal tasks like read a book or play with his puzzles with one handicapped hand. We put him to bed and I checked on him around midnight and the glove was still on.

This little guys has so much personality!

5 comments:

Neal said...

That is TOO funny! He must get his careful side more from his mother huh? ;) I imagine Ryan as the one jumping off things and figuring out new adventures. LOL

idaho grandma said...

What a little sweetheart. Grandma feels bad when he has an owie. I wish we could be there to give it kisses. Hope it gets better soon. How did he do it? Ryan said he didn't know he got an owie when you called him and I was on the phone with him. Crazy!!! Love the sock in the bathtub. Give him loves from grandma and grandpa. Love you guys....

Katy said...

Too funny! Kids are so quirky!

Justin said...

I love to see the little things that kids are such sticklers about! Their little personalities just make me laugh. :) Hope your owie feels better Connor!
~Stacey

Sanders said...

Ha Ha! Silliness. I think that is adorable. When you come to Logan next Brody would love a playmate.