Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sneak Peek

killing 2 birds with one stone is how i roll around here (and well quite frankly i might as well literally roll around, seeing as how big i have gotten. rolling might actually be easier than walking.) anyways, here is a belly shot and a sneak peek of how baby girl's room is coming along. When my mom was here last week, we picked out the fabric for the baby's room. she took home the cute pink floral and is going to make the bed skirt and if she has time a pillow or two. i made the curtains.


i have less than 3 weeks left. actually, i count in weekends which means i have 2 weekends left and sometimes that makes me hyperventilate. i am not sure why but i am more nervous to have baby #2 than i was for baby #1. at 37 weeks i am definitely slowing down. last week at my appointment i measured 33 weeks, and baby measured small as well. i am not sure why it surprised me because connor always measured small too. maybe it's because this time i am more aware and less naive when i see concern in the dr. eyes. so hopefully she catches up a little more in the next few weeks. we are getting more and more excited to have her, and most excited to just see what she looks like! a few things i love about being pregnant is- feeling the baby move; it is so neat, people love to smile at you (maybe some are pity looks), and it's okay to come home and put sweats or jammie pants on. on the other hand this pregnancy has been a lot more challenging on my body esthetically speaking than with connor...weight, varicose veins, swelling etc. but physically i have felt great, not sick hardly at all, and sometime even up until now i have to remind myself to slow down...i am pregnant! i was jogging up until 20 weeks, and worked out up until a few weeks ago before my motivation disappeared. i hope for a happy and healthy baby :)

i really do feel awkward posing for a belly shot. i really never know what to do with my limbs or face (i.e. legs together, arms straight down, or do i go for the hands on hip with one foot turned out?).

7 comments:

Jeri Call said...

Once again you look Fabulous! Can't wait to see what she looks like and to see what you guys name her! I bet Connor is excited to be a big brother!

camandholls said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see pics of your little one! I Love love love the stripes, they turned out awesome and the colors in the room look really good! How did you paint such straight lines???

idaho grandma said...

you look so darn cute!!! I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left. I love (peanut's) bedroom. The curtains are so cute and I totally love the chandelier!!! It is so girly and looks so cute with the rest of the room. Can't wait to see how it all comes together. Cute post. Now we need a photo every week until she comes. You got off the hook for this week. (you only have a couple more to go so I think you can post one weekly now). Love you all.

kimberlee shaffer said...

the room is beautiful! Fit for a princess!!

Justin and Stacey said...

Steph, you look so cute!! The room looks awesome and I am dying to see the finished product. How is it possible that you only have 3 wks left?! Yay!!! I cannot wait!! Good luck with these last couple weeks. I hope everything continues to go smooth. :)

Nic and Bekka said...

Steph, you look adorable! I'm so glad you posted a picture. We miss you guys tons and can't wait to meet the little one!

Sanders said...

You look amazing! And I LOVE the sneak peek of the room. I wish I coudl have seen you for an hour or two while in vegas. :( Good luck with the delivery!! Love ya.

Chels