Justin and Stacey finished dental school, hooray! They have the entire summer off before they move to Mississippi for their residencey. So they came back west to split the summer between Ryan's family and Stacey's family in Washington. We drove out to Idaho Thurs June 9th and stayed through June 20th! Ryan flew home to Las Vegas for the week days but was back for both weekends. Ryan's sister and family came up for the first weekend too. I just realized I have no pictures of them. I was pretty lousy at taking pictures; it is harder now that I always have a baby in my arms.
Back in March we all set the goal to run the Teton Dam race, so we started the trip off with a 10K on Saturday morning. It was a pretty tough course with 3.5 of the 6 miles straight up hill! Bob and Denise did so great we are so proud of them. I think we might have gotten them hooked on running races :).
I contemplated whether I should run; Sadie was sick and was up the morning of the race at 3:30am and was up until we left at 7am. I was also sick with a cold and later went to the Dr. and found out that I had a sinus infection and a double ear infection (I didn't know adults could get ear infections)! Not to mention I am so out of shape from having a baby 12 weeks pior. Also, the elevations was killing me. Hmm, is there any more excuses I can make up to justify my slow time? I know these are all lame excuses. I finished with a pretty bad time (1:15:07 - I told you it was bad, if it was any slower I'd probably be running backwards) but hey I finished, and still had a lot of fun! On the up side the run was beautiful and so was the weather, yah for that!
Connor and Jack were great little buddies! They played and played out in the back yards for hours. They'd come in to eat and go right back out! They'd say, "come on, lets go save!" and off the 2 little Batman's would go.
Jack got a slip 'n' slide for his birthday. One afternoon we decided it was probably warm enough to set it up. They had a blast on it. Jack caught right and on and was busting out 360's by the end. Connor on the other hand was a lot more cautious and would only walk down the slip 'n' slide.
Anderson tried the slip 'n' slide but learned very quickly it was slippery and steered clear of it; except to get a drink.
The boys loved watching grandpa Bob make popcorn for them! We loved it too, he's makes a pretty yummy batch of popcorn!
The boys were dying to go on grandpa's boat. Connor had been talking about it for months! The weather was not too great the week we were there, but they still managed to take the boys for a ride. They also got to go fishing and play with the water guns. Stacey and I stayed home with the little ones.
Saturday afternoon we all went to the temple with Ryan's Aunt & Uncle Bruce and Cindy as well as Doug and Betty plus grandpa and grandma Diamond. It was fun to go with everyone.
The boys made the cute little yellow ties in primary for their dads!
Of course we finished off the trip with motorcycle rides. Jack wasn't too sure about it, but after 1 ride he loved it as much as Connor. We have little dare devil kiddos :).
Monday, June 20th, Ryan and Connor headed home in the car and Sadie and I followed later that evening by airplane. The trip almost ended up being extended an extra 5 days because I didn't have a birth certificate for Sadie and they wouldn't let me on the plane. Allegiant only has 2 flights in and out of Idaho Falls 1 on Monday's and 1 on Friday's so I would have had to stay until Friday! After a bunch of tears and holding the plane for me they finally let me on. We all made it home safe and sound, and are sad the trip is over! It always goes by too quickly!
2 comments:
What a great post. Boy, we sure did a ton of fun things in such a short time. We were so happy to have everyone here at the same time. It has been WAY too long since we were able to do it. Hopefully it won't be that long ever again. So glad you were able to stay as long as you did. Love you all so much and hope to see you again very soon. I miss the kids so much (you guys too)!!!! Love you.
I can't believe they weren't going to let you on the plane without a birth certificate! The only time I have EVER needed one was to prove that Sophie was UNDER the age of 2. That is ridiculous! I'm glad they let you get home!
Post a Comment