Benson is 5 weeks! 4 weeks ago I never thought we would survive to 5 weeks. But we have :). Today we met with the GI dr. again and Benson has broken the 8lb mark, YAHOO! He is 8lb 8oz. The Nutramigen AA, and Zantac didn't seem to make any difference. Benson still cries most of the day in pain, but it's the worst during and after he eats. So, we are adjusting everything again :/. This poor kid. We are just switching the brand of formula, to Alimentum (Similac), and the GI wants us to try it in the liquid form instead of powder. We are going to Prilosec for the acid reflux, it's a stronger brand. It has to be compounded so we have to get it from an apothecary ("you can practically smell the opium"...name that show?). We will start that this evening.
I started the liquid Alimentum this afternoon, and we had the most peaceful afternoon we've had to-date. It still wasn't great, but Benson was relaxed enough to sit in his swing for 15 minutes, and also laid on the chair with his eyes open, swaddled for another 15 minutes. It may be a coincidence but we will take what we can get.
If the change in the formula and the new reflux medicine doesn't help, then we are scheduled to have his upper GI track check next Thursday 9:00am. Get better Benson!
Friday, July 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Makes me sad to read about your sweet boy! Thinking of you all and hope he starts to feel better!
Miss you guys!
I am sorry to hear about benson. I can remember going through a lot of that with Ian, and it was no fun. Ian had the bottle of barium (sp?) to check his upper GI and it mostly just confirmed what we already knew. Hopefully this new formula will help. I happen to have 20 dollars in similac coupons! I am not sure if it works for the liquid but I would assume so! I will look over them and if so send them your way! Good luck!!!
Friends!
Poor Benson. Poor you, Steph! I was really lucky with my kids and Emma and JJ were just lactose intolerant. The similac sensitive was all they needed.
I hope that the Alimentum works and that this is the start of better, more calm days!
Post a Comment