I have a lot of thoughts in my head. Most of them are incomplete thoughts. Mostly because my mind isn't capable of completing a thought because it gets interrupted by another thought or a little kiddo. But on Sunday a comment was made and it resonated really well with me and summed up exactly what I've been noticing.
In Sunday school we were discussing 3 Nephi 3:3. Giddianhi the Gadianton leader sent a strong and bold letter to Lachoneus the leader of the Nephites to surrender. This boldness and ignorance was likened to today. It seems like so many times in battle (politics) that people are too busy battling about why they are right and won't humble themselves long enough to consider anything else. Consequently, either side grows further and further apart.
I feel like he hit the nail on the head.
Monday, September 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing Steph. I feel the same way about the incomplete thoughts. I feel like my mind is always racing through all of these thoughts and I often can't seem to make sense of the world around me. I'm constantly trying to understand this world but it is just all too complicated...and the more I read the more I can't make sense of anything (politically-especially). I agree that we all need to humble ourselves. I feel like the only constant is the gospel.
Post a Comment