Benson is 6 months yahoo. However, he still sleeps worse than a new born. He is up every 2 hours at night, and is normally awake anywhere from 5:45am and 6:30am. I am a zombie, and I look and act like one too. Although, about 2 weeks ago, Benson woke up a totally different baby. A happy baby. It was an over night transition, weirdest thing. I don't get it, but I am grateful for it. Plus it makes the horrible nights a little more manageable. We went to his 6 month well check and he got 4 shots, he was pretty sad but got over it pretty quickly. He is the yummiest chunky baby ever! He is busting at the seams. I rarely dress him because he looks so fat and uncomfortable in clothes. I LOVE IT!
Weight: 19.4 lbs - 75-90%
Head: 44 cm - 50%
Lets see, what are Benson's 6 month milestones and facts:
-He takes 3 naps a day, in his swing. We swaddle his arms only and buckle him in. Each naps is normally 2-4 hours. So we actually don't see him a whole lot during the day. But it makes it nice so that I can get a few things done. Maybe he sleeps too much during the day so he struggles at night?
-His awake time is 2 hours max between naps.
-He falls asleep in his car seat like a champ.
-He is still on reflux medicine omeprozole (sp?)
-He smiles at everyone.
-He can roll from tummy to back.
-He just started to roll from back to tummy.
-He doesn't love his tummy.
-He is starting to support himself in the sitting position.
-He drinks 4 oz every two hours. Just in the last week or two he's been going longer stretches between feedings. He still drinks soy formula.
-He has the BEST giggle ever.
-Finally last week he stopped crying in his car seat. Outings have become a little more pleasant and frequent. (As frequent as they can be with a broken hand. So I use the frequent term VERY lightly. Honestly we never leave the house).
-He started rice cereal a few days ago. He loves it, and got the hang of it really fast. However, I feel like he is fussy for 30 minutes after he eats it. What's up with that?
4 comments:
Chubby babies are the best! Landon has always been in the 70-85% for everything. Sorry you are not getting much sleep at night. Landon also had acid reflux and slept in his carseat the first 4 months of life. We were able to take him off his medicine for reflux at 9 months! I would definitely say the long naps during the day could be a reason for all the waking at night. But I know how hard it is to wake a baby from a nap. He looks just like his older brother! So cute!
I just love those chunky thighs! I don't think I would dress him either. I would just want to squeeze them all day! I hope he starts sleeping better for you. Keep us posted on your baby boot camp!
I'm slow at commenting, but we sure do love that little guy. He has brought so much love to your family (even if he doesn't sleep). I remember when Connor used to always clasp his hands together. I don't remember Sadie doing that, but I do remember Connor. Love those kiddos!!!!
Such a cute little guy. It is amazing his transition. I love his sweet face and I am sure his giggles make everything else worth while. Love you guys!
Post a Comment