Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Color Run

Last year I had heard about the color run and wanted to do it so badly, but I was pregnant and lazy. So when it came around again this year I didn't want to miss out! Ryan jump on board as well; I was so excited he did. Ryan's mom mentioned that Connor would love it and to take him. We got a baby sitter to come over bright and early to watch Benson and Sadie. The race started at 8:30am on Freemont street, and there were soooo many people there! They let the runners out in waves. It took us an hour and fifteen minutes just to get past the starting line. Connor was pretty bored by the time we got to the front, luckily we had brought the jogging stroller and he sat in that and waited (and whined) and I wondered how the 3+ miles was going to play out for him. When we got going he had the biggest smile ever! He loved it. He was a total trooper and ran probably 2 1/2 miles of the race! He and Ryan were the cutest little running buddies, and Connor totally kept up. He'd weave in-and-out of the crowds of walkers like it was nothing. Every mile or so we'd get blasted with a burst of colored powder. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and pink. We were having too much fun and were so surprised when we turned the corner and the finish line was right there :(. We could have gone another 3 miles, nothing on it! Connor is so excited to do it again next year, Ryan says lets make this a family tradition! I love races (I am slow), but love them nonetheless and have been surfing the web for my next run.

Before, still white :)

   Waiting....waiting.....waiting....

Go!!!


 Finished: woot, woot!

 Connors color packet.

 poof.

Loved the colored teeth (and boogies).

Connor and Ryan went wild in the color. I stayed down the middle so that the jogger didn't get too destroyed so my color is on the sides of me :).

3 comments:

Denisse said...

that looks like a blast!!! I need to look to do one here is SLC!

idaho grandma said...

I knew you guys would love it. I wanted tons of color and I got it! I understand about the jogging stroller....next time...leave it home!!! Then you will get blasted. It is really a fun run. Glad you got to do it. Maybe we can find one close to Utah/Nevada and we can all do it!!!

Justin and Stacey said...

Oh my gosh, the pink teeth are hilarious! What a fun thing to do together! Definitely make it a tradition. I love it!!