I feel like our blog has become more of a travel log instead of a journal of our daily events, milestones, or happenings. But it's been fun, we've had a FUN summer (with some very chaotic moments, but that's to be expected with 3 kids and a mom (me) who chooses (eehh, it's more of an involuntary response...maybe more of a genetic defect) to cry when my kids are naughty instead of yell.)
Last stop this summer was Idaho (actually Arizona, Utah, and then Idaho 10 hours later). Originally we planned to split the trip up by stopping at Steph's house in Mountain Green, but we woke up Wednesday and was feeling ambitious. The kids did great!!! They were sooooo excited to get to grandmas house, and so were we!!!!
Thursday morning the kids headed out with grandma to the garden, they were on cloud nine. Denise has the best veggies! She sent us home with some rhubarb, zucchini and squash. Ive already made rhubarb jam! Zuchinni bread is tomorrow. When Bob got off of work we headed to Rexburg to a water park called Rexburg Rapids. We spent the whole time in the lazy river. Connor wasn't big enough to do the water slides, but Denise and I were! So we did, and so did Bob and Ryan :). Coolest grandparents!
Friday we went to the Tautphaus Zoo. We have been there a few times, but the kids still loved it. Sadie and Connor especially loved the monkeys. Friday evening we got family pictures in Rexburg.
Saturday we headed out to West Yellowstone to see Beauty and the Beast. I was so excited to go and thought for sure the kids would love it with all the lights and music!!!!! Benny didn't want to sit on anyone's lap he lasted 20 mins (maybe) and Ryan took him out. Sadie was just as wiggly and into everything. After struggling for 30 mins I took her out too. Ryan was outside waiting for me (he knew Sadie's time was short lived). So we got the stroller and walked up and down the cute little town of West Yellowstone. Benson fell asleep within 5 mins of being in the stroller. In his defense the play was right during his nap time. I thought he'd sleep in our arms. Boo. Connor like the play, Be Our Guest was his favorite. After that he told Denise the show was not so interesting. He is silly. I am bummer we didn't get to see it. Maybe next year....sans kids. On our way home we stopped at my most favorite restaurant ever, Gringos. I was so excited!
Connor's main highlight was s'mores. He loved going outside every night to the fire-pit!!! He loved every minute of the trip. He kept saying he didn't want to go home. He derived multiple plans of how he could stay. As we pulled away he said "do they [gma & gpa] know how much they mean to me?" Success!!!
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















2 comments:
We sure did have a great time with you guys!!! I missed you all the second you were down the street!!! Glad you got the jam done and can't wait to hear about the zucchini bread!!! Love you guys!!!
Yummm....you should have made me some jam! :) It looks so yummy. I love your pictures from Idaho! I'm glad the kids did so good on the way there. That zucchini Connor has is as big as he is!!
Post a Comment