Monday, October 28, 2013

Connor's 6th birthday

Was a week long celebration as usual. It started with an early birthday cake to celebrate two BOO babies (that's what I call October birthdays), Connor and Denise. On Connor's birthday Ry and I took rice krispy treats to his class. He had the cheesiest little smirk while the kids sang to him. For dinner Connor requested Zaba's (a nock off restaurant of Chipotle. Actually we went to Chipotle and told Connor we were at Zaba's. Sneaky.). From there we headed to Chuck e Cheese to play games. Connor is easily the luckiest kid I know. Last year he dropped a token in a game and hit the jack pot on try #1. The odds of hitting jack pot is seriously 1 in a million. He dropped a token in that same game and hit the jack pot on his first try AGAIN! We should take him to Vegas ;). I think we spent nearly 2 hours there, we all had a blast.

Saturday rolled around and so did his party. A few years ago we had a friend party and it was a lot of work, and a waste of money I thought. But because it had been a couple years since we invited friends, I agreed. We agreed on a bouncy house with 6 friends (since he was 6 yrs old). How simple: bouncy house. Cake (I guided him on the words on his cake, and half way through let him do it by himself, in case you are wondering). 6 friends (only 3 were able to make it). 1.5 hours. Oh, last minute we added a $7 piñata, filled with 20 pieces of candy (the piñata was a birthday wish Connor had made). We didn't do decorations, no handouts, no crafts. Plain and simple. It was the best party with the perfect amount of friends. I was worried when only 3 friends could make it, but Connor still had a blast. The money was well spent, and I think we probably spent less on this party than his last.

And to top off his 6th birthday he learned to tie his shoe. Two bunny ears, just like his mama! 

He's already counting down the days until his next birthday, 360 days. This kid lives for his birthday, Halloween, and Disneyland.































1 comment:

idaho grandma said...

We sure had fun celebrating our Birthdays early this year. Looks like you had a really fun day!!! Love you big guy!!!