How far away can you really travel when you have a 1 yr old, a 2 yr old, and a 5 yr old? Honestly, going just even 15 minutes away would have been heaven!! Ryan started asking about where we should take a trip to a few months before our 10 year anniversary. I would have loved to have said some exotic island where I could lay on the beach all.day.long. Checking out and leaving the kids for more than a day or two just didn't feel right. Most days are exhausting, and demanding, plus Benson was teething and not sleeping through the night. It's a lot of work and I felt bad leaving anyone with them. Maybe I don't run our house efficiently enough, I bet I create more work for myself. The kids are all on different schedules, I make 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches (the second one is for me because I hate to eat when the kids are awake. If I eat with them, I don't get to sit down for more than a minute before someone needs or spills something. And then it's just a spiral from there and before I know it they're done and I have taken one bite. Or I quickly inhale my food and never even get to savor it). Quiet time is just as much as a circus sometimes. 4-7pm is the witching hours. And bedtime is like running a marathon (it really is, you should see the activity on Ryan's FitBit at 7:30pm). Who on earth would be crazy enough to be willing to jump into this craziness?!?!?!? Denise and Bob did!!!! Bless their hearts!!!! I don't think the kids missed us for one second either.
We named several close vacation options: San Diego. Arizona. Newport. All beautiful nice places, but it just seemed like we'd sit around the pool (not Ryan's favorite thing), plus it was October - not ideal tanning or pool weather, shop (another one of Ryan's dislikes), or go to a less than tropical beach with cold ocean water (one of my dislikes). The idea of Disneyland came up and we both gave it the 2 thumbs up. Seriously, who goes to Disneyland for their anniversary? Isn't the point to get away from kids? Not sure, but we had a blast. We left for Disneyland Thursday night. We spent all day Friday at Disneyland.
Also, since we were in Southern CA we had to see our very favorite people; Nic and Bekka. They had twins a few months ago and we hadn't gotten to see them yet. We met them on Saturday morning for breakfast and picked up right where we left off. We love them.
We headed home Saturday afternoon so that we could still spend a little time with Bob and Denise since they were flying out early, early Sunday morning. We had our traditional Geisha House dinner and then celebrated Connor and Denise's birthday.
We are so grateful they were willing to watch the kids. Denise was so cute, she named all these things she planned to do with the kids: make popcorn balls, take Connor birthday shopping, make some crafts, treat them to McDonalds, decorate spooky Halloween trees and a couple other things I can't remember now. My thought was, yeah, good luck with that! But guess what!? They did it all and now I look like a lazy mama ;). They were super Grandpa and Grandma. They probably went home and slept all day Sunday - at least I hope they did - it will make me feel better ;).
We didn't take many pictures. Mostly because who would we take pictures of? A bunch of selfies? I kind of despise those, but still took a few obligatory ones.
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to Disneyland for your anniversary. Glad you guys could get away!
We had a blast with the kids!!! It was so fun...we were tired (not used to being so busy)but we had the best time ever. We never get to be with the kids alone. We had fun crafting, cooking, and just playing. Thanks for letting us come and play with them!!! Glad we were able to do it for you.
Post a Comment