Monday, November 25, 2013

TOFTP

Time Out For Tai Pan. Time Out For Women was in St George this year, and a few of us girls got to talking about St George. I have heard so many fun things about St. George from the shopping to the food. I've never really gotten to experience it because most of the time we just drive through and don't stop. We thought the weekend of Time Out For Women would be a fun time to go since a bunch of our friends who've moved away and friends from the ward would be there. Those of us who didn't buy TOFW tickets planned a fun weekend of adventure, food and shopping.

Our friend Jen is good friends with the owner of the Biggest Loser Ranch in St George. She was able to score us a private hike, tour, and lunch. We even got to meet Sion Fa from season 7. We had a great time! Our hike guide was quite the mountain man! And 6 month pregnant Emily hiked up the mountain like it was nothing!

After lunch we went shopping to a couple really fun antique stores as well as a few favorites like Tai Pan and Downeast Home. We ate at yummy Anasazis for dinner. They bring your meat raw and you cook it on your own hot stone bite by bite. And the fondue was delish also!

In conclusion St. George is as fun as everyone says!!! A few musts are: Swigs sugar cookies (I want one right now!!!!) with a dirty coke (I don't even drink coke or even soda), 25th and Main restaurant, Urban Renewal, Painted Pony, and Anasazi. I am sure there is more fun places!! It was a great weekend with the bestest of friends, and some of the biggest laughs.





















2 comments:

idaho grandma said...

so glad you got to go with your best friends. looks and sounds like you had a great time.

Manda said...

St. George really is one of my favorite places and I hope to be able to move back someday.

The Painted Pony, Urban Renewal and Swig are must when going there!!