Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

This morning Benson woke up at 7:32am. He repeated I want out over and over for 10 mins. My maternal instinct was to get up to get him so I could spend a few quiet moments snuggling on the couch with him before the kids woke up. But I knew Connor and Ryan were planning breakfast in bed for me. Ryan got up to get Benson and I stayed in bed. Soon I could hear cupboards opening and closing. I could hear the other kids had gotten up as well. After about 20 minutes Ryan sheepishly walked into the room and in a whisper apologized first then asked, where is the vanilla. 15 minutes later he came in again, this time he quietly asked; what is baking powder? Not long after that my beautiful family emerged with the biggest smiles and the yummiest smelling waffles. My heart was full. I knew the little kids bellies were aching with hunger but they were willing to wait for breakfast so they could serve me first. The big kids left to go eat but my little buddy stayed with me to eat my waffles. He's a smart one, he knew where the food was at. I love quiet one-on-one moments. He waited patiently between each bite until the next. I could hardly resist that cute face. The whole day was wonderful. I am one lucky mommy, and wifey. 





1 comment:

idaho grandma said...

What an awesome hubby you have!!!The kiddo's looked as excited as he did! Love your new bedroom color. Glad you had an awesome day. Love you all.....