Saturday, May 17, 2014

Poor Boo Boo

Benson had surgery this week. And I couldn't not blog these adorable little pictures.
Benson loves socks, and when I pulled out his yellow no slip sockies he was especially excited. Too bad they got paired with a purple gown.
Jumping on his bed!
Just waiting.
I got my phone out to do a selfie of him and I, but instead he turned and planted a big one on me. It made my day.
Does this not tug at your heart strings!? We told him he was going for a ride in a vroom, vroom. He was nervous.
Coming out of anesthesia for him was so rough. The nurse came and got us, she warned us he was upset. We walked back to the recovery room to see him thrashing and being pinned down by 2 nurses. It was weird, his cry was unrecognizable, and he looked different. It took 30 minutes to get him settled down. It was sad. He looked pretty green on the way home, but fell asleep pretty quickly. He slept for the next 3 hours and woke up much happier.
Connor watched over him and rubbed his head. The anesthesiologist did a block (like a spinal block), so his legs were super weak and he wasn't able to walk for awhile.
Benson adores Connor. 
Benson has hardly skipped a beat. He's been running around here like a crazy 2 year old. Hopefully he doesn't split his stitches, or cause any damage :/.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What did he have done?

JJ was the same way when he had his adenoids removed and tubes put in his ears. They had him in the recovery room and I held him for 3 hours as he slept off and on. And the poor kiddo couldn't walk and it was making him SO mad! It was hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time.

Justin and Stacey said...

Poor little Benson!! I'm so glad that's done and over! Connor is such a good brother, taking care of him. He did look extra cute in his yellow sockies!