Monday, June 16, 2014

2 down, 1 to go.

Sadie is potty trained, kind of. For the most part. Well, she still wears a diaper at night. But still, I feel we've been successful. I don't know if my method is correct, but it seems to have work with both kids so far. I wait. I wait until they are a little older, probably later than most kids. But they train in 1 day. 1 day folks. Not a single accident from either of them. Ever.

Sadie made me nervous to train. I didn't think it would go as smoothly as it did. Sadie as zero attention span. She doesnt focus or comprehend logic ;). We took baby steps. We started with grandma Denise sending her some princess panties. Tested them, accident. So we put them away. Then a few months later we bought the princess potty. It sat around for a few weeks to let her get comfortable with the idea. Initially she was terrified of toilets, scared to death! So we let her play with the potty; she used it as a seat, step stool, or table. Then a few weeks later, tried the panties. No accidents, however, it was 5 pm and she still hadn't gone. So she had the control part down but not the release. So naturally I did what any mom would do, stuck her foot in a bowl of warm water. Bata bing, Bata bang, she went. We used my genius hot water method the next day. And by the end of the day she was a pro, without water. She even had #2 down immediately, nothing on it. I am so proud of her! 

As mentioned before she does still wear a diaper at night. She still wakes up a little wet. She changes into panties herself before she even comes out of her room in the morning. But if she is like Connor, in the next few months she will start waking up dry on her own. Yeah, only one more potty training to go! Unless we have another, who knows :/.






In other news, Sadie also knocked a tooth out, or should I say up. She slipped while playing on car at the park and hit her mouth on a metal bar. We were looking everywhere for her tooth hoping maybe a dentist could salvage it. We couldn't find it anywhere. So we went home to clean her up. It was then when we realized her tooth was jammed back up inside her gums. We took her into the peds. dentist and he said the X-ray showed no damage to her nerves, roots, and hopefully her permanent tooth. He said only time will tell. He said that her tooth will most likely make its way down. It's been maybe 2 months since then and it has come down, but not all the way and the tooth placement is pretty high. She looks like a hillbilly. 



It's okay to look like a hillbilly when you are this stinkin cute!!!

Sadie was watching Phineas and Ferb when she saw Candice and said, "Hey!! She looks like me!!"


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sophie was in a pull-up at night until the start of this year. She was just such a solid sleeper that nothing would wake her! JJ, though, was waking up dry from the time he was 18 months. Each kid is so different.

Poor Sadie and her tooth! Oh my gosh it give me the creeps just reading about it. Little kid teeth freak me out. I thought I was going to throw up when Sophie's two came out recently.

idaho grandma said...

Love how fast she picked up the potty training. She is such a little diva!!! Love that girl. Love that she was so observant about Candace. That is too funny!!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.