Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Caution to the wind - DWTS

So there was that time when we threw caution to the wind, left behind our responsibilities (you know, our 3 cutie pies, and work) and went to Los Angeles to see Derek and Julianne on Dancing with the Stars. Which for both of us this is pretty out of character! Ryan never takes a day off, like ever. And I have a hard time turning control of my babies over to someone else especially for a whole day. I am just super grateful for the most amazing friends who were willing and up for the task. We made it a quick trip, down and back in 1 day! It's a 4 hour drive 1 way, but totally worth the quick trip. We had a great time!! 

We got to LA early enough to have lunch at The Grove, and walked around for a bit. Then met Steph and Adam and headed over to the show. It was so fun to see all the details and assigned tasks that had to be done to pull off a live show without a hitch. They've got it down to a science (obviously). After the show they had to do some post show taping, it took quite some time. We were getting a little anxious to get on the road since it was nearly 8pm and we had a 4 hour drive ahead of us. So we snuck out of the theater and as we were doing so we came upon Tom Bergeron and snapped a quick shot. Sadly that was the only picture we got with a star :(. We tried to find Derek, Julianne, or Marianne but had no luck. We didn't know their trailer number. So we went back to check out and get Ryan's cellphone back (which had to be surrender at the entrance. I however, snuck mine in, hence the studio pictures, I wasn't the only one who did it.) When he got his phone back he had a bunch if missed calls from Marianne inviting us to go to dinner with them..Derek, and Julianne :(. I blame Annie and her hard knock life for ruining my life (Annie was the post production filming we had to sit around and watch). We picked up Marianne and brought her back to LV with us, and arrived back home shortly after 1:15am.

For me (and Connor, however, we have no proof to show him) one of the best moments of the night was almost sitting in the very front row next to Ross Lynch aka Austin (also another one of Ryan's cousins) from the Disney show Austin & Ally. But that got kaboshed by his 2 brothers who made it back from the bathroom before the commercial break was over... I blame modern day conveniences for that one :). I'm kidding :). But Connor was pretty excited to hear the news about Austin since we LOVE the show Austin & Ally. 

Ryan says we need to be more spontaneous like that. We had a wonderful time and couldn't be more grateful for our amazing friends and family for all that they do!!!



We giggled about Steph being the only one in yellow (other than the girl who showed up in a yellow dress that had less fabric than steph's yellow cardi), but turns out she was the smart one! You could see her best on tv. And Adam and I in our blue might as well hadn't even been there since the lighting on us was blue and we just looked like blank space ;)


I kinda think my man is better looking than any star we saw last night, I'm just sayin'. 

Look who I spy... My dad sent these :)!
And another :)!

2 comments:

idaho grandma said...

WE were so glad you guys got to go to DWTS. It was a super quick trip. So glad you were "tricky" with you phone and got to let us know where you were sitting so we could watch for you.

Kristen said...

That is so fun! I LOVE Dancing with the Stars and I love Derek's talent. What a great opportunity. (By the way, Clark wants to know why Ryan isn't famous like R5 and the Houghs! And why isn't R5 Mormon? (He asked a lot of questions regarding this post ;)))