Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Blanks -

We kept our December activities to a minimal with low costs or free activities. We went to the snow in town square. And tried a few other new things:




We went to a free event at the Summerlin community center and it was WONDERFUL!  They had free choo choo rides, sleigh rides, snow, sugar cookies, Elsa & Ana music, hot chocolate...all free!!!



We also did a lot of hanging out at home:

Saturday morning pancakes.
The tree at our church building. I've never noticed it before. Probably because we are always in a rush.

This particular night we put on a Frozen play. I was Ana, I think dad was christoph, benson was Sven, and Connor was Olaf. I'm sure I don't need to mention who was Elsa. The ice castle is behind us.



One morning in early December i woke up to benson saying... "Ooo, pretty. Ooo hot!" He had drug a strand if Christmas lights upstairs to our room and plugged it in. It's a miracle he didn't bust any bulbs!

 These little piggies helped make pizza. Or they just ate the cheese.
I caved, Grrrr. I felt strongly we didn't need an elf. But December 1st the carpool kids got in our car and all talked about their elves, yada, yada, yada. Connor came home from school concerned that maybe he was on the naughty list since an elf didn't come to our house. Many tears were shed by Connor despite my best efforts to calm his fears about why an elf isn't important. It didn't work. So 'Stanlee' arrived. He spent most of his time hiding in tree because he is really shy.
The Sunday before Christmas is my very favorite day!!! The program was beautiful and such a good reminder that CHRISTmas isn't all about elves, and presents. 

Just because.

I know there was other things we did, I just didn't take any pictures.


1 comment:

idaho grandma said...

We are so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. We missed you all, but glad you had a super good Christmas.