Ashley and Allen made plans to go to Disneyland because 2 of their 3 kids are still free (2 and under). We decided to tag along, and then my parents, and last minute Amy & Josh surprised their kids with the trip the morning of. Disneyland at Christmas is one of my favorite time!!! We haven't been back at Christmas since Connor was a baby (but it feels like yesterday! I can still hear the music, and still see connor waving to Mickey and Minnie on ice skates, and I can still taste the churros and hot chocolate. Obviously, Disneyland is very nostalgic for me :).)
Finding the perfect hotel at Disneyland as become a nemesis over the last couple years. My priorities are; proximity, newness, clean, and prices. We've stayed at an old hotel close to the park with a hefty price tag. We've stayed far in a new hotel with a cheap price. So I turned the hotel search over to ash, and she did fab! A brand new marriott opened in October 2014 a block from DL. The rooms were great with a free breakfast, and the price was great! It was also on top of a walgreens!
We spent 2 days at CA Adventure/Disneyland. On Thursday there were hardly any crowds! We never waited very long for rides at CA Adventure!! It was wonderful. Me and Benny rode monsters inc. in our very own taxi over and with out getting off!!! One fun surprise I wasn't expecting was that Sadie was big enough for most rides!! I hadn't realized how big she was getting. Her first ride was Radiator Racers. She loved the ride. Although, at one point during the fast part I looked down at her and her head was flopped down because she didn't know how to hold it durning the fast turns. After that she got the hang of it and rode every fast roller coaster she was big enough for including the Thunder Railroad one.
Connor and Dallin and my dad were the 3 amigos! They spent a whole morning/afternoon running from ride to ride in the rain. Friday morning was soooo rainy. It poured buckets on us. My shoes were soaked all the way through just walking to the park. But that didn't stop us. It actually was crowd control. It did although close down a lot of rides. By noon the rain had stopped. We dried out just in enough time for the cold evening. That night back at the hotel the kids spent a good hour in the steamy shower warming up.
At one point we all kind of broke off and Connor went with Amy & Josh and rode splash mountain 6 or 7 times in a row!! I don't even think they made them get off. I think ash & my parents were ride hopping too. Ryan took Benny to some rides and I took Sadie to meet the princesses! Oh boy, she was so excited!!! We also went and watched Storybook time with Bell. It was heaven on earth for her!
On Saturday we spent some time at the beach with Ash & Allen and had lunch and headed home. The kids loved the beach. Sadie and Connor loved stand in the ocean with the waves splashing their legs.
It was such a fun vacation! I love that Connor got to spend so much time with Dallin, Alyssa and Kaylee. At times like these is wish soooo badly we lived by family.
Yep, the boys were good sports with the shirts. I think my dad loved his shirt so much he even wore it the 2nd day.
We had to re-enact the grandkids picture!!! I think only one baby was added since last time. But if you remember, last time there were 3 tiny babies who are now busy toddlers (oh wait, that was just mine :/.)
Shirt credits go to Amy! And my mom and dad! They were going order them off an etsy site, but since my mom already had a silhouette she figured it would be about the same price if she'd just buy a heat press and shirts. I think in the end etsy would have been cheaper. But now she has the equipment and it'll eventually pay for its self over time. We will just expect to wear a lot of group shirts :)!
See, empty taxi!!I think he wishes he had worn his poncho. I know I wished he had after listening to him complain about being wet and cold for an hour after the ride.
I liked riding Small World on Friday morning, it's a long ride and a good escape from the rain (that and nemo).
She walked up to Cinderella and said, "hey, I have that dress!!"The storybook time with belle was super cute!!! We've never stopped to watch these before!!!
Getting a little crazy!! This was probably the 5th or 6th time they rode this, the even figured out the exact time of when they take the picture!
The pictures are taking so long to upload I will do the beach pictures in a separate post.























2 comments:
Oh.My.Gosh!!! I love your post. Each picture makes me smile. I love that the kids got to spend time with each other. Family time is the best. I think we need to plan a Disney trip very soon. These photos make me want to go again!!!Sorry you had a few hours of yucky weather, but the kids didn't seem to mind.
By the way...I loved your shirts and got a smile when Sadie told Cinderella that she had the same dress. I bet she was in Princess Heaven!!!
Post a Comment