We stayed home this year. I have very mixed feelings about it. On one hand it was so calm, peaceful, and relaxing! On the other we missed our families terribly. I think we love it both ways equally as much!!
This may have been one of my favorite traditions to date. The wagon ride through the orchards Christmas Eve, Eve. Maybe it was the company, and the fresh apple cider doughnuts.
These kids are the best of buddies! We are so blessed with the most wonderful friends.

Christmas Eve we went to the Aliante Station buffet. We started this tradition with Ryan's parents last year. Then we came home and played Christmas music and decorated gingerbread houses.

We had a little challenge. Daddy/daughter vs. Mother/son. Ry and Sadie's was more methodical and organized. Mine and Connor's was more whimsical (which is a nice way of saying messy and busy). However, I do believe mine and Connor's won the competition.


Boo boo disappeared during gingerbread house decorations. I got up to find him alseep on the floor by the fireplace. That has truly never happened before. It was a Christmas miracle!!

We tried to cut out snowflakes, then I realized I didn't know how to make snowflakes. So I googled it, and found some pretty sweet snowflake patterns.
After snowflakes we packaged up the jam we made for our friends and neighbors and delivered them. We were amazed that we caught every friend at home. It was so fun, the kids loved walking up to the doors like little elves.

Cheese and chocolate fondue for dinner. Connor loves this!

Christmas jammies.



Santa came. He brought benson a choo choo track. Sadie a princess Barbie set. And Connor an air hockey table. The kids faces were priceless!!!!

I saw on Pinterest the idea to have the kids break through the wrapping paper. It was a fun and great idea the night before, but then we needed to turn on lights and prepare a few things on the other side in the morning...So Ryan and I inch wormed our way under the paper :).

Hehe.


Benny was sick Christmas morning with a cold.

This was the first year the kids could open their presents and actually play with them without having to worry about loosing pieces and parts. B

Sadie really, REALLY wanted elsa hair for Christmas. I found this Elsa wig at Disneyland a few weeks prior to Christmas!

This boys, loves cars and choo choos!!!
Benny was so funny. His Christmas lasted all day. He would open 1 present at a time play with it for an hour or two. Then he'd open another.

Merry Christmas!!


1 comment:
I finally checked your blog today. I loved the Christmas Photos. It felt like we were there (almost). We missed you guys but so glad you had a wonderful Christmas and tons of activities. Love you guys!!
Post a Comment