Tuesday, May 20, 2008

going digital...

ryan is always telling me i need a hobby, and not one that costs a lot of money (and apparently "shopping isn't a hobby, and it costs to much money"). i always considered working out as my hobby, but now with connor i don't get to out nearly as much as i use to. i tried reading; not my favorite hobby. i tried my handy work at scrapbooking, i can't cut straight, and i always over buy paper and embellishments (i'm a product of my mom), never do anything with it, and i HATE the mess.

so yesterday i was playing on photoshop and decided that digital scrapbooking is the way to go for me! the downloads are cheap, you can use the paper, embellishments, and alphabets as much as you want, one page takes about 20 mins....and the best part is...the mess stays inside your computer!!! i think i have found a new hobby (for now, until i get bored with it).


I decided to just start back with the birth of connor and move forward. here's what i have done so far....
(i haven't figured out how to unlock a page after it has been saved on photoshop to edit it! so i was working on this page, hit save, and now i don't know how to go back and fix my spelling errors and spacing...oh well, just ignore it for now)
__________________________________________________________________
These were the first two pages i did just to see if this would even be something i liked, they ended up being super easy and fun to make.

11 comments:

Jeri Call said...

So CUTE!!! Do you have to have photoshop to download layout, and put them together?

Neal said...

That is really good! I have seen how messy scrapbooking is first hand as I tried it and my family has done it. VERY MESSY! Looking good...and tiddy:)

Andrew said...

I dunno if this is the problem, but if you want to be able to save your pages so you can go back and edit them, you'll have to save them in a .psd format in photoshop. In this format you won't be able to post them on your blog, so you'll probably want to save them as both formats (.psd and jpeg).
Anyway, the pages look great and I enjoy the blog.

John and Ashley Sellers said...

Oh how cute! You've almost convinced me to go digital. Too bad i'm already knee deep in regular scrapbooking.

Greggory & Kate & Harley said...

wow stephanie digital is adorable!!! personally i am a fan of the real thing but i completely agree with you. i HATE the mess. connor is growing up so fast - maybe digital is better...it's faster!!!!

btw...can you print these or would they look weird? just wondering!?

C said...

that is such a great idea!! I have a few friends that do it too. Do you know how much photo shop is? How do you get the pages printed or bound etc? I think I am going to scrap book this way once our baby comes, it seems so much easier and less of a hassle! Your pages are really cute!

Katy said...

They look great! I have started doing this too! I prefer it over traditional scrapbooking.

Ash & Tim said...

Wow, I am way impressed! I don't enjoy scrapbooking that much either too much time and effort. I like the idea of doing it all on photoshop I never thought of that. I am going to have to learn how to use that program more. Excellent idea, thanks!

Anonymous said...

So cute, Stephanie. I think that is a great idea. I just have too many supplies to start that now. Cindy has been trying to get me to do that as well. Maybe if I ever use up my supplies, I will have to give it a try. Your pages are so cute. Let me know if you are going to print them. Will you have to have a 12x12 printer too? Love you and keep the pages coming!!! Mom H.

Denisse said...

Stephanie, these are adorable! I'm all for digital scrapbooking too. I was never able to get into the regular scrapbooking for all the reasons that you mentioned. I love photoshop elements, it's so user friendly and you can do so much!!!! Glad you found a new hobby! It's become mine too!!!! I LOVE it!!!:)

Justin and Stacey said...

Very cute Steph! I love all the pages you did! What a fun hobby! Hopefully you don't get bored too quickly! You are pretty darn good at it!