Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hiking

For Memorial Day we decided it would be fun to try something we haven't done with Connor...hiking! We went with our great friends the Sellers, we always have a fun time with them. Out in the Red Rock Canyon there are about 20 different hiking trails ranging from easy to very strenuous. We didn't want a walk in the park so we chose a moderate hike, it was perfect. The weather was fantastic; around 70 degrees, and the hike was a total blast.



The hike we took was called Calico Tanks.

Connors little smirk cracks me up.


Someone was kind enough to make some stairs!



The red rock was so pretty, it reminded us of lake powell (minus the fun refreshing water).



This police helicopter came zooming up the middle of the canyon out of no where. It was so cool to see so close (click to enlarge)!



I didn't zoom this picture in. The helicopter was easily only 20 feet above us.



Good Buddies (Connor and Brendyn, Ryan and John)




We definitely wore the babies out! So cute!

11 comments:

Neal said...

That looked like a nice hike and from what I hear it didn't only tire out the babies...the mommy's and daddy's were pretty worn out too:) It was such a nice day. We dont get too many of those:)

Justin and Stacey said...

Fun you guys! We took Jack hiking when he was about 4 weeks old...it would have been a better experience at Connor's age! :) He SCREAMED the entire way down the trail. People were looking at us like we were crazy. The red rock definitely reminds me of Lake Powell. Too bad we aren't planning a trip there this summer!

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time...good weather, good friends, good scenery (wish it was Lake Powell, but only if we were with you!!! does it look like Lake Mead??? hint, hint)good babies. What a great day. I didn't know you could click on photos and enlarge them. that was way cool, especially after the comments on Connors face. I couldn't really see it but I tried to click on it and it enlarged!!! way cool. the helicopter was cool too. Love you guys. Love MOM H.

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

So fun...This age is great because babies are so portable so you still get to enjoy fun things:) The scapbooking is the best idea! I was just working on Jack's baby book wishing I had gone "digital"!

AP said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day! The rocks look so pretty, reminds me of Moab! Connor looks like he had a blast. I miss him! Cute pictures

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Cute pictures Stephanie! Connor is just too cute! Looks like you guys are so happy and loving Vegas, being parents, etc. How fun!!

Amber Hemsley said...

Oh how I miss the mountains! We were poor growing up and so we spent our fun time going camping and hiking. I absolutly loved it. It was so hard for me to live in Texas without mountains. The babies are so cute too!

Adrienne & Scott said...

Hey! We went private on our blog. If you want an invite to read let me know your email address, if I haven't already sent you an invite. My address is "amj_427@hotmail.com".
Adrienne & Scott Berg

Anonymous said...

hey heatons. this is Joe, i was looking for Rusty's blog and found yours. Sweet. you look like you guys are doing good. drop me a line sometime at jankejungle.blogspot.com. Later.

Michael and Megan said...

sometimes i miss vegas when i look at your blog! enjoy the summer heat for me!

Denisse said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of Connor asleep! i love those cheeks!!!

Answering your question about the scrapbooking pages...do you have photoshop elements? With photoshop elements it's all under effects and then layer styles. You will see different options...it's pretty cool because it shows you the picture of what you are about to select, be sure to select whatever you want to give the effect to and then click on apply and that should do it. Let me know if that made sense...I hope it helps...can't wait to see your new pages!:)