Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?

2000


Today marks 7 years since the attack on the World Trade Centers. At 8:46am one plane hit the North tower and 9:03am another hit the South tower.

I am sure most of us remember what we were doing when we heard the news.

I was in bed and my dad came in, woke me up, and told me to come watch what's happening on the news. I said, "no, just tell me I don't want to get up." Then he told me. I of course got right up. I couldn't hardly believe the news; the footage seemed so surreal.

Ryan was working at Melaleuca in the shipping/receiving department and his supervisor pulled the team aside and told them what just happened and sent them all home.

Thanks to all of those brave men and women who are currrently and who have protected this country for the past 7 years!


...What were you doing 7 years ago at 8:46am....

10 comments:

Justin and Stacey said...

I was getting ready for school. It was my senior year. My mom had me come downstairs to see the news and I don't think it really hit me how bad it really was until I went to school that day and we all talked about it. I was supposed to be flying to Idaho to go to Homecoming with a friend that weekend but wasn't able to go because of all the flight cancellations. I felt so bad for the boy who now didn't have a date! I really can't believe it's been that long!

Neal said...

I remember abruptly waking up in almost a panic at about 6:45am here in Las Vegas (I remember looking at the clock) and I just had the really strong feeling that something was wrong. So I checked out the house and everything seemed to be fine so I went back to bed. When I woke up about 2 hours later to my radio alarm all I heard was news of the incident. I thought it was all a prank until I turned on the TV and I they showed the huge passenger jet flying into the tower. At that moment I remembered having shivers go down my spine and I fell to my knees and said a prayer for the world.
I had to go to work later that day. And since I worked in a bank there was a lot of panic as alot of people were withdrawing all there money expecting the worst.
Still to this day I think about waking up at the moment it happened and having the distinct feeling that something was wrong. I also cannot believe it's been that long.

Cassie said...

It was my moms bday and we got up early to watch my news anchor bro-in-law wish her a happy bday and then we saw the news coverage!! My poor mom, her bday is forever stained! Well I went to seminary and told everyone and my teacher was like "I think you are mistaking that couldn't have happened to the world trade centers" he was wrong!! Good idea for a post!

Daija said...

I walked into school just before my ballroom class was supposed to start and saw that a few people were watching something on the TV. I thought they were watching a movie when I saw the footage of the first airplane hitting the tower. I was shocked when I realized it was the news.

Rachel said...

I was on my way to my Intro to Speech class at Sierra College when I heard it on the radio. I thought it was a joke. When I got to class, the 7 of us who showed up turned on the TV and watched the news footage.

Ash & Tim said...

First hour had just started during my Soph/Junior year of high school -I don't remember and am much to tired to do the math- our teacher had the tv on and we watch tv at school all morning until they sent everyone home.

Justin and Stacey said...

I was still in bed and I heard mom yelling at me from upstairs telling me to hurry and look at the news. My first thought was that China had finally attacked us! I have always been afraid that China was going to invade us one day and I thought that it was finally happening :) I remember being really shocked and wondering how something like this could have happened to our country. It is crazy that it has already been seven years since that happened. Funny how time flies! I like your post a lot and feel that it is good to be reminded of things like this. That way we don't forget them and can be reminded of how lucky we are to still live in a free country thanks to all those who do so much to protect us!

Justin and Stacey said...

That last comment was from me...Justie

Elder Hunter L. Diamond said...

I had just walked downstairs to work at home from in my office and for some strange reason I turned the TV on. Shortly after the news came in and told how a plan had lost control and crashed into the WTC. They thought it was an accident. A few moments later the second plane hit and it was clear it was no accident. I remember being glued to the TV for the remainder of the day. I also remember how sad I was to hear of all the people that died when the buildings came crashing down. I how I don't have to feel those terrible feelings ever again!

Adrienne & Scott said...

This is so ironic... I was in one of my graphic design classes at BYUI designing logos for airplanes when we found out. I didn't realize how big of a thing it was till I watched the news. So sad!!!