Monday, January 26, 2009

Birthday

Last week was my 26th birthday! Am I really 26?! I really, really still think I am 21, but whatever. Ryan took the day off and we just hung out. For dinner I wanted to try this place called Carinos. The sign on the building looked exactly like Johnny Carinos in Idaho Falls and I LOVED that restaurant when we lived in Rexburg. We got there and it looked closed, no one coming in or out and no one in the parking lot. We check the door and it was open! So we decided to try it out, everything looked the same, and tasted the same as the Idaho Falls one...except one main difference! Besides one other couple we were the ONLY ones there. We asked the waiter if that was normal. He said lately it had been, with the economy down no one was going out to eat except on weekends. We ate our food and it was great but decided we'd never go back because it was just too weird to be the only ones there.

Our friend John's birthday was the very next day and he and his wife had decided to eat there for his birthday too. They called us that evening and told us there was a "Closed" sign on the front door! Ryan says that Las Vegas Carinos life mission was to feed the Heaton's and because we finally came in they felt fulfilled and could peacefully close for good! Good bye to Johnny Carinos.



And for my birthday present: my feet are enjoying these new little babies at the gym, thanks to Ryan:





I had a great and relaxing birthday with two of the greatest people in the world! I love you guys. -no birthday pictures taken, oh well.

5 comments:

Al and Ash said...

Sad news about carinos...but great news about your shoes! They are very cute!

Justin and Stacey said...

Ooo...I LOVE the shoes!! Good pick! How is the gym going? I have had such a hard time since the holidays getting there!! Maybe I need some cute shoes like this to give me some motivation and get back in my routine. That is too funny about the restaurant! Good thing you went when you did! Hope you had a happy birthday! Did you get our package in the mail yet?

Erica said...

I swear everything is closing! So sad! Happy Birthday! It is so weird getting older!

Sanders said...

Happy Birthday woman! Glad you had a good time!

Courtney said...

Happy late birthday! Glad you had a great day and glad you enjoyed dinner and didn't get sick or something! That is way too funny!