The day has finally arrived! We thought this day was never going to come! And all we can say is hallelujah! Connor has successfully and 100% made the switch from Nutramigen formula to milk base Lipil! You mothers probably ask yourselves what's the big deal is about this switch and what is the difference between Nutramigen and Lipil!
Nutramigen (pronounced new-tram-eh-gin):
$28.99 for a 16 oz can (the largest size made)
Lactose free (no milk at all in it)
Soy Free
Basically it's nutritional powder made of nothing
It's 100% hypoallergenic
For babies with sever colic who can't handle anything else
Lipil:
$32.49 (costco) for a 38 oz can
Milk Based
Connor went through 1 can of Nutramigen in about 2-3 days! We would spend anywhere from $60-$90 a week in formula(minimum $240 a month)! We tried several times to switch him off Nutramigen but his digestive system wasn't able to handle the bacteria (the good kind) present in milk based formulas. Now the next question is, he's 15 months shouldn't he have been off formula a few months ago? For most babies yes. But now he has to get use to milk base formula for awhile before we move him to vitamin D whole milk. And he is a VERY picky eater and his doctor has requested that he stay on formula until we get in to see a GI specialist (I am kind of dragging my feet on that, I am afraid they will poke him a lot and put tubes down his throat:(! )
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
so glad that least you can get the cost down. hopefully he can make the switch fast and get on regular milk soon. love you.....mom h
I know how you feel! :) Mason goes to the Pediatric GI specialist next Wed. and I'm not looking forward to it at all. Good luck with the switch!
Oh gosh, Emma was on the Similac Sensitive but it wasn't so horrible switching her. I'm so grateful Sophie is on the normal formula and hasn't been at all colicky. I guess it's true what they say about the second child being completely opposite of your first!
And sorry it's late in coming, but happy belated birthday! I meant to send you a note but my father-in-law has been hogging my computer and I haven't been able to get on!
Oh good! I would be dragging my feet too, I don't blame you. I am glad you don't have to spend so much on formula and Connor is now able to handle some milk in his system.
Oh wow I can't even imagine. I am so glad and we are so blessed that we have not had to get into the whole formula thing. Ian had to have it a couple times and it did not go over well. Best of luck in the big switch and with the GI doctor.... we'll be thinking of you!
OH my, I am so so sorry! That is so frustrating. He'll get on milk soon, it will happen eventually. If not, you'll figure out another solution and all will be well.
So Happy belated b-day. I know 26 seems old. I don't know about you, but when I watch reality tv (I admit it, I do) and I see the contestants or people on there and it says they are 25 or 26, I think, "oh my gosh, do I look that old?" I feel like I'm 20 having an black-light party somewhere in the colonial house. good times oh and I love your new gym kicks, they are fabulous!
WOW!!! That is insane. People said formula was expensive but I never really knew how much it was. I am so grateful to be able to nurse. You will feel so rich once you are done with formula feeding!
3 words...YAY FOR CONNOR!!! Thats how my little cousin was when he was littler. He actually didn't grow out of it until he was about 4 years old. Hopefully Connor does't go that long:)
What a relief! That will be nice to see some of that money again!! Hopefully he will be on regular milk soon and you can save even more money! Good luck with the GI specialist.
I'm so happy for you!! I vote you use the extra money and go shopping...because that is what I would want to do :).
Do you want to save even more??? Do you guys have a sam's club? Sam's club makes one that is the same as the Enfamil Lipil and it is 18.99
(and it is a big can like the one from costco).
Post a Comment