At the beginning of every year I always feel like the house needs to be reorganized and so I always spend January reorganizing. I wouldn't have to do this every January if I would just stick with the organization throughout the year.
After Christmas I started getting super claustrophobic in the family room because of all of Connor's toys! I had decided it was time to revamp his room and put all his toys in his room and make it a safe place for him to play in so that I would not have to worry that he'd get into something or get hurt. I went through all his baby clothes, washed them up and put them in tupperware bins, put away all his infant toys, blankets, and 0-6 month binkies. While I was pulling everything out of his closet I had noticed the big tupperware bin the hospital had giving us when we were discharged. When we got home we put it right in the closet and never went through it until this week (long overdue). To my surprise it had some very odd and very not so useful things in it! I was dying laughing at all the strange things that were in there...
Syringes, IV bags, everything needed to administer a catheter, gloves, the bands that go around your belly to hold the fetal monitors in place, thermometer, the epidural tube, iodine wipes, the list goes on and on. Maybe I could just have my second baby at home since I have everything I'd need, well except my wonderful Dr, and the dear anesthesiologist (however, my epidural hardly worked, so I could probably do natural since I basically already did)!
I finally got his room organized and brought all of Connor's toys in for him to play with. You would have thought he had never seen any of his toys before! He was so excited to play toys in his room!
My main reason I wanted to do this was so that I could baby gate his door and let him play in his room while I got laundry done, worked in the office, took a shower, etc... I baby gated his door walked away for about 30 seconds and this is what happened......
He instantly wanted out, so badly that he climbed up the gate (look at his feet on the gate!) trying to get out. Oh well it was a good idea in theory. I guess he will just forever have to follow me around the house!
11 comments:
I think its a very good idea. Hopefully its something he might just grow into?
Hmmm....thats quite...umm...scary why they gave you all that stuff. Lol:)
thats too funny! the only time I could get away with the baby gate was when we first switched Berkley over to a big girl bed. by that time she as too tired to fight it and it really did help get her back to bed. Im glad you have everything at home so next time you could deliver your own child!
Bummer! Don't you wish you could do anything without your kids! They think you are trapping them! I am grateful for this stage of carrying around Camryn in my front pack or leaving her in the swing while I get stuff done. I guess it only gets harder! And so random about the hospital stuff!
As I was reading along I was right with you on what a great idea -how much fun he would have, etc. The last picture definitely says it all. Poor little guy.
Loved all the christmas and new years pictures. Sorry to hear that Connor was sick as well and I can't believe cutting 5 teeth. Seems like everyone was sick this holiday. Unfortunately Ian has still not recovered and seems to look a lot like Conner's last picture at night.
Want to come organize my house???
Hooray for organizing! Why on earth did the hospital give you all that stuff?? Poor little Connor. I tried that in our attic once in the spare room and Jack would have no part of it! I'm not sure why they don't like it so much!
PS. Justin has something to admit to you...we were right about something, but you will have to find out from him!:)
When I was reading about the baby gate I was thinking, "Boston would throw a FIT and CRY!" I was amazed that you were able to do that...then I kept reading and thought "GOOD I'm not the ONLY one!" Sometimes you wish they could just do it all on their own and sometimes, they just want their mom near AT ALL TIMES! Too sweet! Oh and about that hospital bin, kinda random. Do you think they got that mixed up and gave you the wrong thing??! That's weird!
I typed a great comment and it deleted...Bummer...it was a good one too. I can't believe that you got home with all that useless stuff. Hopefully you didn't get charged for it, but you most likely did. I thought as I was reading that what a great idea for Connor to be able to play in his room with you close by and have so much fun with his toys...but the face it priceless. I couldn't help but laugh really hard at this face. By looking at his face you would have thought there was never a chance of ever, ever getting out!!! Sorry it didn't work but maybe you could put the gate on the wall just past the washer and dryer and maybe he could wander just there so he wouldn't feel so confined to just his room....I don't know...also if you were to take the gate down he may just play in his room anyway. kids are just too smart. Love the photo of him in his slippers. Looks like he is keeping them on. Good to talk to you guys last night and I swear that he said "Hi Grandma" to me. Talk to you later....Love, MOM H.
That is soo funny. You would think they would want a little space, I guess that comes later in life... hahaha. What a cute boy.
As I was reading your blog I thought it was hilarious because I just recently did the same thing. We went through all his toys and clothes and organized them. I didn't try the baby gate though. It's a good idea I might have to try it one of these days!
How did your birthday go? Are we going to get to see some pictures? I finished your present and now I just have to mail it! I am super happy with how it turned out. Anyways, hopefully you will like it and hopefully I get it in the mail today! Hope you had a good one!
Hey Steph,
I'm so excited to come and visit you guys in a couple of weeks!! I hope that it will be warm while I there, because this cold weather sucks.
-Tatem
Post a Comment