We are also making pillows out of the same fabric to go on the couches. My mom taught me how to make piping for the pillows. They aren't done yet so there aren't any pictures of them. We did take some breaks and played as well. We went shopping, played in the water, and went to the park. And of course ate lots of yummy food.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
The Weekend.
My parents came to visit over Memorial Day weekend. My mom and dad had spent countless hours refurbishing a table they'd gotten from my aunt Kathy to give to us. They brought it out with them over the weekend. We worked on recovering the seats. After a few trips to JoAnn's and Lowe's and lots of man hours we finally finished! I love how it turned out. I love that I get to have a piece of furniture that belonged to my aunt Kathy in my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






10 comments:
Between your blog, Cassie's, and Stacy's blog about doing all this crafty, creative stuff I'm slowly feeling motivated! Although I'm NO WHERE NEAR that level of sewing ANYTHING...in fact I don't even own a sewing machine but I'd like to think it'd be possible to do but when reality sets in, I know it's totally NOT possible!! But I'm glad there's people out there like you who can!!!
Connor is getting so big. I am going to see you guys in a week. Make sure you teach connor my name. And make sure he knows who I am before I get there so we don't waste time being shy :)
SO EXCITED to see your NEW HOUSE!
Really good job on the table and chairs!!! I'll have to keep you guys around for special little projects;)
Oh...which park is that you guys are at? Its nice!
Love the table and chairs they look great! Way to be crafty. How fun to have your family come to visit sounds like you stayed busy and enjoyed spending time together. Looks great!
table and chairs look awesome, great job! glad you had fun with your parents. Connor is still the most handsome little guy I know (=
wow that table looks awesome! Way to go! Cute family pic at the bottom, Connor is getting so big!
love the new chair cushions. They are so darling. I love the fabric. You did great. How neat to learn that skill. I can't wait to see the new table and chairs in your new dining room. Glad your parents got to come and spend the weekend. We are excited to see you guys too. 3 more weeks!!!! Love the park too. I bet your parents were surprised at how big Connor has gotten and how much he has changes since they last saw him. Take care and love you guys.
I love the new chairs!! They look awesome! That fabric is very similar to the one I used for my pillows. You must have good taste! :) I can't wait to see it all put together in your new house. Glad your mom and dad were able to come and help out so much!
They look super cute! Good job Mom and Steph. That park looks like a blast. Did I spy s super soaker in Dad's hand?!?! It looks like the one that him and kaylee torture each other with, glad to know he bugs other little (and big)people too;} Hopefully we can see you guys soon.
Love the new table & chairs! It's so neat when you can take something old, and past down from family, and make it your own. Great job!
Post a Comment