Our great friends the Shaffers invited us to go on a quick trip to Disneyland and the beach with them. They have a connection at Disneyland and we all got in for free! A few days before we left we told Connor all about Disneyland and showed him videos of Mickey Mouse. It was so fun to see him understand and every time we said Disneyland he'd reply with "Mickey Mouse? Mickey Mouse House?"
Unfortunately, when we got there, Mickey Mouse was not at his house :(. So it's very possible that we may have told him that Minnie Mouse was Mickey Mouse. And it's possible he believed us....I do feel a little guilty.
Minnie Mouse was nice enough to invite us into her house.
The happiest place on earth isn't always so happy. Especially when a few of the rides are dark, loud and scary. Notes: To a child, Alice in Wonderland is a freak show with crazy queens and smoking caterpillars, with scary flashing lights. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, crashes through fireplaces, dashes through a warehouse full of dynamite that explodes and finishes off with a train wreck. If I was a 2 year old I would probably be in tears too.
Aside from a few of the Fairy Tale Town rides, Connor LOVED it, and so did we.
Connor and Ireland LOVED Monsters Inc. It was such a cute ride in the taxi cabs.
We taped the Tower of Terror ride. There aren't a lot of lights on the ride but you can hear the narration and see some of the drops. A few times the camera almost flew out of Ryan's hands when we dropped.
The picture from the Tower of Terror ride: this is me looking really dumb, and Ryan videoing the ride. (oh and the girl in the back is bending over freaking out, and the weird guys up front; i have no clue what they were doing. Maybe they think they are genies.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 2 - Newport Beach:We had such a great time at the beach! The weather was beautiful and the ocean was a lot bluer than I have seen it! Both the Shaffers and us have friend that live in southern CA so we had them all meet up with us at the beach for the day. It was so fun! I wish I had gotten a picture of everyone and also a picture of us and the Shaffers. Next time!!!
I think it's pretty obvious that Connor didn't want to be buried in the sand.
Ryan and Connor were little beach buddies. They played in the ocean for over an hour! Connor loved when the waves would crash into him.
Us with Bekka and Nic.
Jumping the waves... I had to post these because I think our facial expression are priceless. (translation: I look like a weirdo)












12 comments:
SO SO SO SO SO FUN!! I am ready to go back tomorrow!!!
Looks like you guys had a blast! I kinda wanna make a trip to Disneyland now;) Lucky!
How fun! I have heard the perfect age to go to diseyland with a child is 4 and 1/2...but Conner looks like he was loving the monsters inc ride. The beach looks like fun -love the pictures jumping the waves!
I was scared of the Alice in Wonderland ride last time I went and that was with Andrew in 2005! And Mr. Toad? Did you realize that you end up in Hell at the end? HORRIBLE!
I love that you convinced him that Minnie was Mickey. That's hilarious! Too much fun!
So fun! I am a little bit jealous!
Hey Stephanie, it's Summer -Bekka's sister in law. You might even remember me from way back when I was Summer Roland. We were in the same Ward for a while. I totally remember you and your family. It's a small world!
I love reading your blog. Your family is adorable and it looks like you're doing really well.
And thanks for posting pics of Nic and Bekka (since they don't keep up their own blog) ::hint hint Bekka::
ok that last set of three pictures made my day. you are hilarious and the fact that you pointed out that you may look like a weirdo is even better. you two look like you're having so much fun. and who would guess you two could look so good jumping waves? i love it. thanks for the laugh.
JEALOUS! I want to go to Disneyland so bad. What a fun little trip! I'm glad Connor was having so much fun...minus the two rides that even I would think are kind of freaky! :) And the beach looks awesome! I love, love, love the beach!
~Stacey
Looks like a great weekend. How fun. Your comments made dad and I laugh. If you keep telling the kids the same thing over and over....eventually they will believe it!!!! :). I think I would be scared too if I went on those weird rides. The tower of terror brought many memories of Florida and do you remember that we got grandma Diamond on it? We kept telling her it wasn't so bad and she about killed us when it was over. She screamed the whole time!! The beach looked so fun and warm. I think Connor was thinking how much MORE fun it would have been to be riding on grandpa Bob's boat rather than being buried. Hint, Hint...(only 2 more weeks and we have to be done), hint, hint. Love the wave jumping too. I don't think you look like weirdo's, you look like you are having a blast. love you all.
That was fun to read to your post about Disneyland. We are going there in 3 weeks and the kids are very excited! That made me laugh when you said the most happiest place on earth isn't so happy...at times. :) I will now be a little cautious when I take Carter on the rides. Mike is more excited about jumping the waves at the beach! Looks like so much fun!
I love the pictures of you and Bekka jumping in the waves. I miss you girls. Did you hear Mary and Travis moved back to Utah and are living in Riverton area. We should all get together again. That was so much fun last time.
Steph!! You were supposed to send those to me first to approve!! We totally look like weirdos :). It was so much fun and completely hilarious. It was soo great to see you guys, we already miss you! Thank you so much for including us on your vacation. Love you!
Post a Comment