Friday, September 25, 2009

Oh, the Joys

I would like to introduce to you all, Lewis. Lewis is Ryan's cabbage patch doll (yes, Ryan named him that when he was a wee child) whom Connor found while we were moving. Lewis tends to pop up randomly from time to time throughout the house. Lewis does have pants, however, they tend to fall off A LOT because the elastic is no longer stretchy. Ryan's sister and brother Justin both have one from their childhood as well (you can link to Justin's blog to make fun of him too, his doll's name was Michael.). While Ryan was playing dolls with Justin and Stephanie one late 1980's day, Ryan's doll got renamed..."Lewis Poo-is"... by Justin and Stephanie (if one of you two would like to recall the Lewis Poo-is story that'd be great). Which brings me to my next picture.......

You see, this is the front of our house, and Lewis has kindly been stuffed in the window by my dear child Connor. Now, I really don't know how long Lewis has been greeting our neighbors like this, but I fear that it has been most of the day. I am not sure what the moral of the story here is...perhaps: don't let your boys play with dolls? Make sure your kid's dolls are always dressed?

________________________________________________________________
Aside from Lewis' story, here are a few videos of the Con-man. He has been sick with a fever, hence, no clothes.




Connor is becoming mister independent. He wants to do everything by himself with no help.

10 comments:

Nat Heaton said...

I just started laughing out loud at the computer screen...that is priceless! Thanks for the laugh! By the way, I can not believe how big Connor is getting!

Katy said...

Ryan, What the fetch? It blows my mind that you even had a cabbage patch doll in the first place. What I cannot believe is that you still have the dang thing. Look, take one of your pistols and blow it away!
-Russ P

Kelly Munns said...

well done. this may be the funniest blog post i've ever read.

Kelly Munns said...

russell! there's nothing wrong with boys having dolls... ryan, don't shoot poor lewis poo-is.

Rachel said...

Lewis looks just like Logan's cabbage patch doll, Colby! Too funny!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Those videos are so cute! Hayden wanted to keep watching them over and over.

Justin said...

Oh man...that was too funny. The bum shot in the front window was hilarious!! I am pretty sure that Ryan still plays with that thing every now and then when he thinks no one is looking :) I wish I could remember how he got the name Lewis Poo-is but I can't. My cabbage patch, Michael is upstairs in our attic as we speak.

The videos of Connor are awesome. I liked the second one where he kept saying, "I do it, I do it." Too funny! Thanks again for the good laugh!

-Justie

idaho grandma said...

Love the bum shot in the front window too!!! I would be happy to put new elastic in the pants for you and I could make it EXTRA tight since they don't like to stay on. I think Lewis and Michael are so cute. I can't remember Stephanie's name for her doll. I am so happy they all still have them. I worked really hard on them and even made the clothes. Remember kids, some of the clothing on them were yours!!!! That is about the funniest post I've seen in a while. I love his little voice in the videos. Such a cutie and what a darling personality. Love you guys.

Adam and Stephanie Wells Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam and Stephanie Wells Family said...

Well, good to "SEE" you again Lewis! I wondered how you and Michael were doing. And, for all those wondering - my cabbage is named JENNY!! What may be just as funny is the fact that those clothes were multi-functional and if you will remember, we used to dress up Yorkie (our little yorkshire terrier) in the little blue corduroy overalls and button down flowered shirt? I know you remember! If not, I have the pictures to prove it. he he! I also think those cabbages had matching pajamas - to the ones we got that year for Christmas! I think we should plan a cabbage patch reunion sometime - I still have Jenny! I think it is so funny that we all saved them! Good laughs - thanks!