Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A camping we will go....

I don't know if I have ever said this on our blog, but I can't say it enough; we have such a fun ward, I love it! We headed up to Mt. Charleston (which still surprises me this is just 30 minutes from our door) to go camping with several families in our ward. We left Las Vegas at 102 degrees, and arrived 30 minutes later to a very welcoming 68 degrees and the yummy smell of pine trees and camp fires!

We all brought enough chicken and potatoes to feed our family and cooked it all together in a dutch oven. All the kids loved playing around the mountains and exploring. They even played laser gun tag at night. Connor was incredibly excited to go camping. The week of camping every time we passed a grove of trees he'd ask if that's where we were camping. I was a little nervous his excitement might keep everyone awake Friday night but we picked a campsite a little further out and he did really well. It only took him about 40 minutes to fall asleep and he slept through the whole night, but was up bright and early at 6:15am. I have learned packing for camping is a lot of work, but it is totally worth it!


4 comments:

Whitney Jo said...

That was fun! I may steal your picture off your blog since I forgot my camera ;)!

Adrienne & Scott said...

Hey! I LOVE your curtains you made! They turned out so cute!! Would you be able to email me the tutorial sometime. I'd love to know how to make them. Thanks!!
My email address is amb_427@hotmail.com

Justin and Stacey said...

very fun!! We wanted to go camping so bad this summer and now summer has slipped right by us. And on top of it, every weekend in september is already booked! Well it looks like so much fun and I'm sure connor had a blast!!

Jen said...

Cute pics. It was such a fun time!!