Monday, November 8, 2010

October

All month of October I kept asking Connor what he wanted to be for Halloween. His response for the first half of the month was a "princess!" I don't know why! My response was the same every time; "No, boys are not princesses." He finally got over the princess thing and when I'd ask him what he wanted to be his new response was "a witch!" What the heck, that's another girl costume! We went multiple times to Target and I would hold up costumes like a pirate, or Batman, or Superman and I'd say, "hey this is cool!" But he never really picked one. Halloween was less than a few days away and I gave it one last attempt... "Connor, what do you want to be for Halloween?" He responded with "Hey, I know, a skeleton!" Really? A Skeleton? I figured since we had finally made leaps and bounds from his original pick, I wasn't going to argue. Finding a skeleton costume for a little 3 year old a few days before Halloween proved to be a challenge. I knew at the beginning of the season there had been skeleton jammies for 3T, but those were all picked over. They really just didn't make spooky costumes like that for little kiddos. We made do with what I could find. It wasn't the cutest costume, but guess what; Connor was thrilled!!! And he was the cutest little non-spooky skeleton out there. And this is the story of how my sweet little 3 year old became a skeleton for Halloween :)







Ryan was his infamous Where's Waldo. People love that costume and always have some sort of Waldo response when they see him, it just cracks us up.


8 comments:

Justin and Stacey said...

don't worry about connor wanting be a princess. Jack always says, 'mom, when I grow up and be a girl, I can wear a twirly dress too!' we went to a musical in kirtland about the pioneers and he thougt their dresses were cool. Go figure! I guess ryan and justin need to have some man time with their boys and get them interested in other things!

Justin and Stacey said...

p.s. Connor made a very cute skeleton!!

kimberlee shaffer said...

Connor is the most handsome little guy in the world, really! And Ryan cracks me up!

Nic and Bekka said...

Such cute pictures Steph! Connor is going to be a heart-breaker, I swear. I hope Disneyland was fun and happy belated anniversary!

Neal said...

I thought the costume was really cute!!! And no...I'm not talking about yours Ryan:)

Rachel said...

Haha a princess?! I'm still chuckling to myself. That's fantastic. Sophie initially wanted to be a hippo. I finally convinced her to be a kitty instead.

Hil said...

Caleb was the SAME way. Seriously, he wanted to be a princess and a witch... and anything girly really. He also wanted to be a skeleton, but eventually decided on a spider. Silly boys. :)

Love the Waldo costume!

Whitney Jo said...

He's so cute! We love your family :)
Whitney