Sadie's due date was March 11th. I went in for my 36 week appointment and I was dilated to 3 cm and 70% effaced. 37 weeks I was the same. 38 weeks I was 4 cm and 80%. I was so surprised I had made any progress; I hadn't had more than a hand full of braxton hicks contractions the whole pregnancy. The Dr. thought for sure I wasn't going to see my March 11th due date. I was measuring small again. They did an ultrasound and she was measuring little as well. So he decided to set March 4th (39 weeks) as the induction date, not thinking I would even make it that far. Well we did! My mom flew into town late Thursday, so she could take care of Connor. 2 am Friday morning we headed over to the hospital. For some reason I was way more nervous to have her than I was with Connor. Around 3 am they started the pitocin drip. Almost immediately the contractions began. Around 5am I was 6 cm and 100%. I got my epidural and they broke my water. I have always said my epidural with Connor didn't work but I had nothing to compare it to. Well, now I do and I know for sure my epidural with Connor did not work. By 7 am I was feeling some pressure, and I told the nurse. She checked and I was in fact ready to have the baby. She called the Dr. and came back at 7:30 am and said he had just put a patient under for a procedure at another hospital and I'd have to wait. I was a little disappointed but felt okay about it because my epidural was masking the pain. She turned off the pitocin and the contractions pretty much subsided. At 8:30am I started to get pretty anxious and emotional. I kept watching the heart rate monitor because I was nervous the baby was going to stress out and no one would be there to deliver her. 8:50am Dr. Swainston walked in and I couldn't have been more relieved. 2 half pushes and a little help from the vacuum she arrived at 9:00 am on the dot. She was wide eyed and very alert. She looked so little, and I kept asking the nurse if she was alright, and why is she so little. They weighed her and I was expecting them to say 4 pounds. But to my surprise she was 6lb 8oz! Perfect! She was definitely worth the hour and 30 minute wait at 10cm; we love her so much!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Sadie's Story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I LOVE THAT SADIE GIRL!
she is SOOO cute.
muy bien you two.
She is so adorable! Glad her arrival went well and she made her debut.
Congrats again and please let me know if you need anything!
she is adorable, you are so lucky! what a crazy story! i told the nurse that when i was ready to push i was going to push, no matter who was there. she said, "ok." and that was that!
So glad you posted the story. I had heard it from Ryan, but never even asked you while I was there. I guess we were too busy talking about other things (like how darling she is, or what color are her eyes going to be, or what funny thing Connor did or said)that I forgot to ask you. How is she doing and how is Connor doing? I hope it is going well. Miss you guys.
Oh she is so so cute! She looks so different already. I'm so glad that your epidural worked this time...what a relief! And now she is here and cute as ever. Wish we could squeeze her!! We can't wait to see you guys.
Congrats Steph and Ryan! She is so beautiful and we couldn't be more happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet her!
She is beautiful, I am just jealous that my husband got to see her in person first!! Darin said that connor calls her "Sadie Peanut" Love it! What a cute family.
Jen Allred
She is beautiful and getting bigger. Let me know if I can help. Send Connor over Rex misses him.
I haven't been on blogs forever! Congrats!!! she is darling!!! how fun.
Post a Comment