The Bad: Connor had RSV! The poor kid was banished to the loft for a whole week! The Dr. said it would be terrible if Sadie caught it and to keep the kids very far apart. Sadie and Connor never crossed paths for a week. Ryan and I picked a kid, and that was the only kid we came in contact with. Ryan stayed home from work as much as he could but there were many times when I had to take care of both. Connor is a pretty self reliant little guy and played and entertained himself upstairs. At meal time I'd put food on the stairs and he'd come down and take it up to the loft and eat by himself. How sad, I could just cry!!! If I had to help him with anything I'd change my clothes help him out. Then I'd scrub down, put back on clean clothes and go back to the baby. He is doing much better now thanks to a nebulizer treatment every 3 hours for a week, an antibiotic shot, plus a daily dose of antibiotic and a daily double dose of a steroid. We are so tired!!!
This picture is from before I knew he had RSV. It started out as a runny nose, and so I made him wear a mask around the house. I felt a little guilty and mean for making him wear the mask. That night I noticed his breathing was really labored. The next morning we took him in and found out it was RSV. I was so glad I made him wear that mask when I heared the RSV diagnosis.
The Ugly: My hands are ugly. I have washed them a million times, they are cracked and bleeding. The loft is ugly too. I didn't hardly step foot in here for a week let alone touch a single thing (including the computer), because I was afraid I would transfer a germ to Sadie.
4 comments:
im sorry. . .
wow. you are amazing. that's a lot of work. i don't know if i could do it. what a good mommy.
My goodness. How terrible! That is awesome how diligent you were. What a good mommy! :)
Yuck! That does not sound fun. I am glad that Connor is starting to do better. Hopefully him and his little sis can be reunited again soon! :) And so that we can get some pictures of Sadie too! I can't believe she is a month old already...how did this happen???
Post a Comment