Friday, August 19, 2011

Cheap Entertainment

Connor is so ready for school to start. The poor thing just hangs around the house and goes from the TV to his room to the loft to Sadie's room looking for entertainment all day long. On the first Saturday of every month Home Depot has a free craft for kids so we decided to check it out. Connor had a blast. He made a pencil box and even got to paint it and add stickers. They gave him an apron to keep, and he also got a little pencil box badge to pin to his apron. Next month is a little framed white board, and will definitely try to make it each month.

They had these cut little mini hammers for the kids to use.

Ryan joined a networking group last year called BNI. The group allows 1 person from all sorts of different trades to join. They get together every Wed. morning at 7am for breakfast and they give each other referrals. It has been so beneficial to our business, and a huge commitment from Ryan. I am proud of him and his dedication for going to it each week. A few weeks ago BNI put together a family bowling night where we could bowl as much as we wanted for 2 hours. We had a great time. Connor loves bowling. For the 1st time in my life I broke 100; big deal you are probably thinking... but this is coming from the girl who actually has really bowled a 24 before.

4 comments:

Kaydee said...

SO cute....I love the 10 commandments...way to capture that moment!

Justin and Stacey said...

Miss you guys! What a good looking family! Sadie is growing fast!

Justie

idaho grandma said...

love his little tongue while he is hammering. so cute!!! what a fun activity for the kids. I wondered if it was a good thing or not. our Home Depot does the same thing. lots of kids???? fun day and great to end with bowling. great score Stephanie!

Justin and Stacey said...

I have heard about this and wanted to go but just never have. Good to hear that it was fun! Not sure if we have a Home Depot around here but not I am going to check it out!