Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spelling

Connor is learning how to spell by sounding letters out :), it's so cute! As I have been working with him each day I am realizing more and more that the English language is sooo hard! There are so many rules, and exceptions to the rules! It's amazing any of us have even learned to spell and read :). The other day as I was making dinner he was spelling different food words. I love how he spelled them phonetically. He is going to do so good in kindergarten.

I had been really nervous about Connor going into kindergarten at the school we are zoned for. It's a good school, it's actually one of the smaller ones in the area. But I was sad because our neighborhood is zoned for a different school than all the other kids in our ward :(. So I got him put into a lottery for a fantastic charter school called Somerset. He was 32 on the waiting list. A few weeks ago I got an email, and a place opened up for him in the pm kindergarten class, yahoo. Connors good friend Kylie also got into pm kindergarten, I hope they are in the same class! Plus, Connor's preschool teacher Miss Julene took a 1st grade teaching position at Somerset as well! Connor loves Miss Julene sooooo much, and so do I, she is like Mother Goose. I hope he gets to be in her class for 1st grade. My prayers were answered! Connor is going to do so awesome!

(Possibly the best part of the picture is how I spelled broccoli with one c :))

1 comment:

idaho grandma said...

you are doing so good Connor. I am so proud of you. You will do so great in school. I love you are working on your spelling and your writing is getting so good. Keep it up!!! We love you!!!