My parents came to visit :). It seems like every time they come we end up doing house projects like yard work or repairs. My dad is awesome, he knows his stuff. He's designed and built both of my childhood houses, installed all the landscape at both houses by himself (of course my mom helped, and maybe a few friends). I remember him digging with a bobcat, him pushing a wheel barrel with a full load of dirt and us girls sitting on top :). I have the best memories of my parents working in the yard and us playing outside while they did. Their houses always had the prettiest curb appeal. In fact, I am pretty sure an admirer knocked on our door and asked my parents if they'd be willing to sale their house to him :).
With that said, I was determined to not let them do any yard/house work this time because they work every time they come. So we planned to take them to St. George, a place they'd never been, and a place I had only been a few times. We stopped first at the St. George temple. We went through the Visitor Center and learned a little history. In 1876, Prophet Brigham Young had asked the Saints to rebuild the top of the temple to make it larger. The Saints were a little hesitant and didn't do it. In 1877 the top of the temple was struck by lightening. And the Saints had to rebuild it. We moved into the room with the large statue of Christ, and an older Sister Missionary sat down with Connor and quizzed him about the Savior's life. He amazed us all with his answers to all the questions. It made me a little teary-eyed, definitely a proud mama moment.
For lunch we headed to Chick-fil-A, a place I had never been but had hear about how good it is all the time. I liked it well enough, but fried food is not ever on top of my list.
After lunch I wanted to take my mom and dad to Downeast Home and show them all the fun Pottery Barn consignment furniture. It was fun :).
Later we went to Brigham Young's Winter Quarters. The property was so pretty, with a pretty little vineyard in the backyard. The sister missionaries said Brigham Young loved nice things and wanted everyone to have nice things as well. The way the church has these historical sites set up you can almost imagine the Saints standing right next to you going about their duties. It's humbling and cool all at the same time.
While they were here we also found time to have the boys go golfing :), and go to Costco and my parents bought the kids a fun little water table :). And it wouldn't be a complete trip without a little project; we potted some tomato bushes and bell peppers!
Also, My mom got Connor a bird feeder to paint. And she also bought Sadie some dress up shoes which she wears ALL day long. She is such a girlie girl, I love it!
It's always fun to have family come to town.
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
looks and sounds like you guys had a great weekend. love the water table. love, love Sadie's shoes!!! she is such a girly girl!!!
I personally like Popeye's better than Chick Fil A. Everyone talks so highly about it so I think my expectations were way high. Have you guys been through the St. George Temple? We'll have to all go through sometime if not. Sorry I wasn't too helpful when Ryan asked about things to do around here. (Still new to the area;)
Post a Comment