Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ripple Effect.

Yesterday I opened the door to the laundry room, and I could only get it a 1/4 of the way open. The clean laundry was piling up so high and needed to be folded. So I took a deep breath, recruited Connor and began to fold. 45 minutes later we were done. I then realized the reason there's been a pile of laundry in the first place was because there was no room in the kids drawers. So I cleaned out their small/winter clothes (these kids are growing like weeds) to make room for the clothes I just folded. 2 hours later I was done. And quickly pushed the bins of clothes into my room and rushed out the door to an Activity Day meeting. I got home later that night and walked into my room and remember I didn't do anything with the clothes bins, that were sitting next to the baby swing, and bouncy seat, and bumbo, and vibrating baby papasan chair, and 6 boxes of food storage. And thought okay, I will take care of all that tomorrow. I crawled into bed and thought to myself, ok-

To put the clothes bins away, I will need to clean out the closets. When I am done I will probably need to go to the DI.

Since I will be going to the DI, I should clean out the garage too. If I clean out the garage that will make room for all the baby toys that are sitting in my room.

Then my room will be almost clean and will only have the 6 boxes of food storage. So I might as well take care of the food storage. That means I will have to clean out pantry #2. And then I will have room for all the food storage. Since pantry #2 will be full of food storage will need to clean out pantry #1 for what was in #2. And because not everything will fit in 1 pantry, I will need to clean out the cupboards. That way I will be able to fit food in a few of the cupboards.

Cleaning out my cupboards will remind me that my plates are old and chipped and turn into a branding iron when put into the microwave. Then I will want new dishes.

Then I will start imaging what kind of dishes I would want to buy. I'd probably want to go to Ikea really bad. Since we don't have an Ikea I'd get bummed.

And then I realized it was 2 hours later and I was still awake thinking about all this because I folded the laundry.

3 comments:

idaho grandma said...

We had to be sisters in another life!!! HAHa. Why does everything we do require so much effort? Good Luck...when you finish come help me.

Kristen said...

This made me laugh so much! Just like the "If you give a Pig a Pancake" or "If you give a Moose a Muffin" or "If you give a Mouse a Cookie" books. Love it! Take pics when it's done. ;)

Rachel said...

If you give Stephanie laundry to do, she will fold the clothes. When she's done folding the clothes, she'll realize she has no where to put them, so she'll clean out the dressers and closets. When the dressers and closets are cleaned, she'll put the old clothes away ...

And gosh darn it, that girl deserves a cookie! (And she'll probably want a glass of milk to go with it!)